2008-03-27 16:37:59

by Jeff Garzik

Subject: Understanding libata error messages

I wrote a new wiki page that assists users in understanding the goop
that libata spits out into your dmesg:

http://ata.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Libata_error_messages

Jeff

2008-03-27 16:53:55

by Randy Dunlap

Subject: Re: Understanding libata error messages

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:37:48 -0400 Jeff Garzik wrote:

> I wrote a new wiki page that assists users in understanding the goop
> that libata spits out into your dmesg:
>
> http://ata.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Libata_error_messages

Good stuff, thanks.

Should we add this URL somewhere in Documentation/ ?
Any suggestions where?

---
~Randy

2008-03-27 18:51:27

by Jeff Garzik

Jan De Luyck wrote:
> Jeff Garzik wrote:
>> I wrote a new wiki page that assists users in understanding the goop
>> that libata spits out into your dmesg:
>>
>> http://ata.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Libata_error_messages
>
> Is this url still operational? It gives me a 404...

Give it another try, an admin tried (and then reverted) a quick experiment.

Sorry!

Jeff

2008-03-28 04:53:55

by Robert Hancock

Jeff Garzik wrote:
> I wrote a new wiki page that assists users in understanding the goop
> that libata spits out into your dmesg:
>
> http://ata.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Libata_error_messages
>

> Jeff

I added some more info on the ATA Error and SError expansions that can
sometimes show up.