2012-02-24 08:40:49

by Eibach, Dirk

Subject: Commit 529febe breaks usb on Freescale P1022

Hello,

This commit introduces a check for the USB PHY clock.
Problem is that CTRL_PHY_CLK_VALID bit seems not to be present on all
Freescale ehci implementations, at least P1022 does not have it. So this
check always fails and the driver never gets loaded.

Cheers
Dirk
Guntermann & Drunck GmbH Systementwicklung
Dortmunder Str. 4a
D-57234 Wilnsdorf - Germany
Tel: +49 (0) 27 39 / 89 01 - 100 Fax: +49 (0) 27 39 / 89 01 - 120
E-Mail: mailto:[email protected] Web: http://www.gdsys.de
Geschaeftsfuehrer:
Udo Guntermann - Martin Drunck - Reiner Ruelmann
HRB 2884, Amtsgericht Siegen - WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE30763240
USt.-Id.-Nr. DE 126575222 - Steuer-Nr. 342 / 5835 / 1041
DQS-zertifiziert nach ISO 9001:2000

by Felipe Balbi

Subject: Re: Commit 529febe breaks usb on Freescale P1022

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 09:31:49AM +0100, Eibach, Dirk wrote:
> This commit introduces a check for the USB PHY clock.
> Problem is that CTRL_PHY_CLK_VALID bit seems not to be present on all
> Freescale ehci implementations, at least P1022 does not have it. So this
> check always fails and the driver never gets loaded.

hmm, you would need a revision check on that function then.

--
balbi

Attachments:
(No filename) (393.00 B)
signature.asc (836.00 B)
Digital signature

by Eibach, Dirk

> > This commit introduces a check for the USB PHY clock.
> > Problem is that CTRL_PHY_CLK_VALID bit seems not to be
> present on all
> > Freescale ehci implementations, at least P1022 does not have it. So
> > this check always fails and the driver never gets loaded.
>
> hmm, you would need a revision check on that function then.

Since I have no idea which Freescale platforms provide this bit and
which platforms don't, I suggest withdrawing this commit and do some
investigation on Freescales side to do this properly.

Cheers
Dirk

2012-02-24 10:14:39

by Felipe Balbi

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 11:11:46AM +0100, Eibach, Dirk wrote:

> > > This commit introduces a check for the USB PHY clock.
> > > Problem is that CTRL_PHY_CLK_VALID bit seems not to be
> > present on all
> > > Freescale ehci implementations, at least P1022 does not have it. So
> > > this check always fails and the driver never gets loaded.
> >
> > hmm, you would need a revision check on that function then.
>
> Since I have no idea which Freescale platforms provide this bit and
> which platforms don't, I suggest withdrawing this commit and do some
> investigation on Freescales side to do this properly.

Could be, but I would like to hear from Shengzhou first. Not sure what
Greg thinks though :-)

--
balbi

Attachments:
(No filename) (730.00 B)
signature.asc (836.00 B)
Digital signature

by Liu Shengzhou-B36685

Hello,

Just now I checked it on P1022, P1022 does not have this bit.
So far what I know as below:
- P1023/P3041/P5020 have this bit, and mentions it in RM.
- P3060/4080/PSC913x do have this bit, but not mentioned in RM.
- P1022 have no this bit, not mention it in RM.

I'm confirming this on more chips and will work out a new patch to fix it.

Regards,
Shengzhou

2012-02-24 14:45:56

by Felipe Balbi

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 10:27:36AM +0000, Liu Shengzhou-B36685 wrote:

> [...]

Ok, Greg will have the final word whether the original commit should be
reverted or we wait for a fix from you.

Happy hacking

--
balbi

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.74 kB)
signature.asc (836.00 B)
Digital signature

by Greg Kroah-Hartman

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 04:45:50PM +0200, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 10:27:36AM +0000, Liu Shengzhou-B36685 wrote:

If I can get a fix that works soon, I'll take it, and not revert the
original...