2008-11-21 17:23:35

by Ryan Mak

Subject: pthread and multiple cores

working with a multiple core box, there seems to be core(s) idle and not evenly distributed when threads are set(default) with system scope. is this a scheduler thing or am i not tuning my pthread parameters correctly? thanks.

2008-11-21 17:35:44

by Chris Friesen

Subject: Re: pthread and multiple cores

Ryan Mak wrote:
> working with a multiple core box, there seems to be core(s) idle and
> not evenly distributed when threads are set(default) with system
> scope. is this a scheduler thing or am i not tuning my pthread
> parameters correctly? thanks.

Your report lacks information required for it to be useful. Which
kernel version are you running? What is your architecture? How many
cores do you have, and how many threads? Are you using cgroups? If you
can post your test app that would be even better.

Chris