2009-01-01 00:24:24

by J.H.

Subject: [KORG] Announcement: patchwork.kernel.org

2009-01-01 13:02:44

by Sam Ravnborg

Subject: Re: [KORG] Announcement: patchwork.kernel.org

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 03:23:36PM -0800, J.H. wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> Just a heads up, there was a request that came up at Kernel Summit this
> year for patchwork to become available for general use. We are now
> proud to announce that patchwork.kernel.org is available and has been
> monitoring LKML for a few days without issue, so we are going to open it
> up for general consumption.

Hi John.

Can you add linux-kbuild to the queue. Then I will try to see it it
become a usefull tool there.

Thanks,

Sam

2009-01-01 14:26:22

by Sitsofe Wheeler

J.H. wrote:
> If you have problems, concerns or issues please e-mail [email protected].

I get a python error when I try and do a search:
http://patchwork.kernel.org/project/LKML/list/?q=lzma

2009-01-01 16:52:53

by Kyle Moffett

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Kyle Moffett <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Sitsofe Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote:
>> J.H. wrote:
>>>
>>> If you have problems, concerns or issues please e-mail
>>> [email protected].
>>
>> I get a python error when I try and do a search:
>> http://patchwork.kernel.org/project/LKML/list/?q=lzma
>
> It looks like there is some kind of caching-related bug... I just
> tried several pages and got a python error "Site does not exist" the
> *first* time I tried to load any given page. After it had displayed
> once as "Site does not exist", a simple reload would display the
> actual page.

Ok, appended is the copy-paste of the Django error text.

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett

Environment:

Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-acpi/list/
Django Version: 1.0-final-SVN-unknown
Python Version: 2.5.1
Installed Applications:
['django.contrib.auth',
'django.contrib.contenttypes',
'django.contrib.sessions',
'django.contrib.sites',
'django.contrib.admin',
'patchwork',
'registration']
Installed Middleware:
('django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',
'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',
'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware',
'django.middleware.doc.XViewMiddleware')

Traceback:
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py"
in get_response
86. response = callback(request, *callback_args,
**callback_kwargs)
File "/var/www/patchwork/apps/patchwork/views/patch.py" in list
128. view_args = {'project_id': project.linkname})
File "/var/www/patchwork/apps/patchwork/views/__init__.py" in generic_list
31. list_view_params = view_args)
File "/var/www/patchwork/apps/patchwork/requestcontext.py" in __init__
70. 'site': Site.objects.get_current(),
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/contrib/sites/models.py"
in get_current
22. current_site = self.get(pk=sid)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/db/models/manager.py" in get
93. return self.get_query_set().get(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py" in get
303. % self.model._meta.object_name)

Exception Type: DoesNotExist at /project/linux-acpi/list/
Exception Value: Site matching query does not exist.

2009-01-01 18:37:12

by Dave Jones

On Thu, Jan 01, 2009 at 02:26:13PM +0000, Sitsofe Wheeler wrote:
> J.H. wrote:
> > If you have problems, concerns or issues please e-mail [email protected].
>
> I get a python error when I try and do a search:
> http://patchwork.kernel.org/project/LKML/list/?q=lzma

I've seen a number of tracebacks. They seem to be transient,
in that reloading any particular page eventually causes it
to trigger. Reloading then makes it work again.

Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk

2009-01-01 18:50:32

by Dave Jones

On Thu, Jan 01, 2009 at 01:43:47PM -0500, Kyle Moffett wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Dave Jones <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >
> > > I get a python error when I try and do a search:
> > > http://patchwork.kernel.org/project/LKML/list/?q=lzma
> >
> > I've seen a number of tracebacks. They seem to be transient,
> > in that reloading any particular page eventually causes it
> > to trigger. Reloading then makes it work again.
>
> Unfortunately it seems to have triggered on my attempt to register an
> account... and as a result I didn't get the subscription email. Would
> it be possible for one of the admins to either confirm my subscription
> or resend the email? I used this email address on the web form.

Something fishy seems up with the mail registration thing.
It said it had sent it, and JH even confirmed in the logs that it
went out, but for some reason, it never hit my inbox.

I sent Jeremy Kerr a feature request for a future version of patchwork
to have a "resend" button.

Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk

2009-01-01 19:23:11

by J.H.

Just to check - it's not in your spam folder is it? It got handed off
to the redhat mail server so it could have gotten lost in processing or
something there?

- John 'Warthog9' Hawley

Dave Jones wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 01, 2009 at 01:43:47PM -0500, Kyle Moffett wrote:

> > > I've seen a number of tracebacks. They seem to be transient,
> > > in that reloading any particular page eventually causes it
> > > to trigger. Reloading then makes it work again.
> >
> > Unfortunately it seems to have triggered on my attempt to register an
> > account... and as a result I didn't get the subscription email. Would
> > it be possible for one of the admins to either confirm my subscription
> > or resend the email? I used this email address on the web form.
>
> Something fishy seems up with the mail registration thing.
> It said it had sent it, and JH even confirmed in the logs that it
> went out, but for some reason, it never hit my inbox.
>
> I sent Jeremy Kerr a feature request for a future version of patchwork
> to have a "resend" button.
>
> Dave

2009-01-01 19:25:27

by J.H.

Kyle Moffett wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Dave Jones <[email protected]> wrote:

>> > I get a python error when I try and do a search:
>> > http://patchwork.kernel.org/project/LKML/list/?q=lzma
>>
>> I've seen a number of tracebacks. They seem to be transient,
>> in that reloading any particular page eventually causes it
>> to trigger. Reloading then makes it work again.
>>

> Unfortunately it seems to have triggered on my attempt to register an
> account... and as a result I didn't get the subscription email. Would
> it be possible for one of the admins to either confirm my subscription
> or resend the email? I used this email address on the web form.
>
> Cheers,
> Kyle Moffett

Might also have been me trying to figure out what was going on, I think
I've got the example.com bits all worked out now (ahhh the joys of lack
of documentation) I should have a patch for django to fill in the
missing bit of knowledge in a bit.

That said if your still seeing tracebacks report them to ftpadmin and if
we can't figure them out, we'll kick them over to patchwork as bug reports.

- John 'Warthog9' Hawley

2009-01-01 19:30:19

by Dave Jones

On Thu, Jan 01, 2009 at 11:22:28AM -0800, J.H. wrote:
> Just to check - it's not in your spam folder is it? It got handed off
> to the redhat mail server so it could have gotten lost in processing or
> something there?

Didn't see anything obvious. I get a ton of spam, but grepping for kernel.org
in my spam folder turned up nothing. Hopefully it's not Red Hats mailservers
doing their own spamfiltering.

Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk

2009-01-01 19:34:26

by J.H.

Site does not exist errors should be fixed now.

- John 'Warthog9' Hawley