2009-04-23 10:12:04

by Peter Hanzel

Subject: DRM KMS + intel fb

Hello.

I am watching the KMS in DRM development. And now i want to try kernel
modesetting with framebuffer console.
I am only using console framebuffer. How it works with DRM KMS.

Suppose I compile DRM i1915 with KMS. How can I swich video mode on start
and than from user space.
Normally with framebuffer it is IOCTL on /dev/fb. Will it work or not?

Some explantion should ne enough, thanks

2009-04-23 11:15:49

by Gerd Hoffmann

Subject: Re: DRM KMS + intel fb

On 04/23/09 12:12, Peter Hanzel wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I am watching the KMS in DRM development. And now i want to try kernel
> modesetting with framebuffer console.
> I am only using console framebuffer. How it works with DRM KMS.

Just works. The kms code supports the fb interface.

> Suppose I compile DRM i1915 with KMS. How can I swich video mode on
> start and than from user space.

connected and runs a fbcon on it. Didn't try to switching modes later.

HTH,
Gerd