2009-09-10 19:00:25

by Jon Masters

Subject: LKML Summary Podcast

Hi folks,

For those who enjoy listening to the podcast...good news. I am nearly up
to date with the last two week's worth of episodes and expect to do a
massive push tonight. Sorry for the lag - it's tough sometimes :)

Merge window craziness notwithstanding...

Jon.

2009-09-10 19:48:04

by Justin P. Mattock

Subject: Re: LKML Summary Podcast

Jon Masters wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> For those who enjoy listening to the podcast...good news. I am nearly up
> to date with the last two week's worth of episodes and expect to do a
> massive push tonight. Sorry for the lag - it's tough sometimes :)
>
> Merge window craziness notwithstanding...
>
> Jon.

no worries here. nice startup
music.

Justin P. Mattock

2009-09-11 17:32:12

by Nikos Chantziaras

On 09/10/2009 10:00 PM, Jon Masters wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> For those who enjoy listening to the podcast...good news. I am nearly up
> to date with the last two week's worth of episodes and expect to do a
> massive push tonight. Sorry for the lag - it's tough sometimes :)

With that kind of "objectivity" in your comments about the experimental
BFS and Con's work, I didn't have any patience left to listen to any
more of it. Thanks, but I'll pass.

2009-09-11 19:34:30

by Jon Masters

On Fri, 2009-09-11 at 20:32 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 09/10/2009 10:00 PM, Jon Masters wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > For those who enjoy listening to the podcast...good news. I am nearly up
> > to date with the last two week's worth of episodes and expect to do a
> > massive push tonight. Sorry for the lag - it's tough sometimes :)
>
> With that kind of "objectivity" in your comments about the experimental
> BFS and Con's work, I didn't have any patience left to listen to any
> more of it. Thanks, but I'll pass.

Well, I don't deliberately try to be unfair, but nobody is truly an
unbiased outsider in anything. You're free to do a better job if you
want to spend your evenings trawling through LKML and trying to figure
out the best way to present a large thread in a very confined space. I
spend about 6 hours a week just compiling the summaries, which I share
because I hope they will be of use. Sorry if you dislike that :)

Jon.