2009-12-04 14:44:34

by Justin Piszcz

Subject: 2.6.32: scsi_wait_scan bug

Hello,

Checking the /lib/modules directory for 2.6.32, I noticed this bug still
persists:
https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/bugme-new/2007-August/016634.html

Was wondering if it should be able to be enabled or disabled in the
menuconfig (as you cannot currently see that option)?

Justin.

2009-12-04 15:17:26

by Éric Piel

Subject: Re: 2.6.32: scsi_wait_scan bug

Op 04-12-09 15:44, Justin Piszcz schreef:
> Hello,
>
> Checking the /lib/modules directory for 2.6.32, I noticed this bug still
> persists:
> https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/bugme-new/2007-August/016634.html
>

> Was wondering if it should be able to be enabled or disabled in the
> menuconfig (as you cannot currently see that option)?
Hi,

Your link eventually leads to this patch:
http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0906.2/00861.html

Isn't this answering your question?

Eric

2009-12-04 15:19:58

by Justin Piszcz

On Fri, 4 Dec 2009, ?ric Piel wrote:

> Op 04-12-09 15:44, Justin Piszcz schreef:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Checking the /lib/modules directory for 2.6.32, I noticed this bug still
>> persists:
>> https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/bugme-new/2007-August/016634.html
>>

>> Was wondering if it should be able to be enabled or disabled in the
>> menuconfig (as you cannot currently see that option)?
> Hi,
>
> Your link eventually leads to this patch:
> http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0906.2/00861.html
>
> Isn't this answering your question?
>
> Eric

Eric,

Thanks, the last 3 lines of the patch explain it:

+ Still, this option is not exposed as a prompt because little is
+ to be gained by disabling it, whereas people who accidentally
+ switch it off may wonder why their mkinitrd gets into trouble.

Justin.