2011-03-14 18:17:16

by Piotr Hosowicz

Subject: Where to get the network NIC's firmware? rtl_nic/rtl8105e-1.fw

Hello,

I do no have it and my Debian package doesn't have it either. I cannot
build and test linux-next kernels, as a minute ago. It searches for
rtl_nic/rtl8105e-1.fw.

Please help.

Regards,

Piotr Hosowicz

--
Janusz Korwin-Mikke:
"Dyktatury dziel? si? na dobre i z?e. Demokracja jest zawsze g?upia."

2011-03-15 04:34:25

by Mike Galbraith

On Mon, 2011-03-14 at 17:30 +0100, Piotr Hosowicz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I do no have it and my Debian package doesn't have it either. I cannot
> build and test linux-next kernels, as a minute ago. It searches for
> rtl_nic/rtl8105e-1.fw.

I would think you could just download the linux driver from the vendor,
and pluck the firmware out. Having spent a half hour trying to do that,
I couldn't get there from here, so.. dunno.

-Mike

2011-03-15 09:03:12

by Piotr Hosowicz

On 15.03.2011 05:34, Mike Galbraith wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-03-14 at 17:30 +0100, Piotr Hosowicz wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I do no have it and my Debian package doesn't have it either. I cannot
>> build and test linux-next kernels, as a minute ago. It searches for
>> rtl_nic/rtl8105e-1.fw.
>
> I would think you could just download the linux driver from the vendor,
> and pluck the firmware out. Having spent a half hour trying to do that,
> I couldn't get there from here, so.. dunno.

I tried Realtek's website, but with no effect, they don't make the
firmware donloadable.

Regards,

Piotr Hosowicz

--
Z cyklu "Uroki demokracji", czyli pytania i odpowiedzi w teledurniejach:
- Kt?r? posta? ubran? tylko w przepask? na biodrach i hu?taj?c? si? na

2011-03-15 17:21:29

by Piotr Hosowicz

On 15.03.2011 10:03, Piotr Hosowicz wrote:

>> Having spent a half hour trying to do that,
>> I couldn't get there from here, so.. dunno.

And thanks for your efforts.

Regards,

Piotr Hosowicz

--
Siedzi wyfiokowana Jola i gada. Przez 15 minut czy wi?cej uczy
obywateli, jak je?? bez?. ?e bezy nie mo?na kroi? no?em i

2011-03-16 20:27:56

by Francois Romieu

You can get it there:

http://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/romieu/linux-firmware.git
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/romieu/linux-firmware.git

It has already been submitted to the maintainer of linux-firmware.

--
Ueimor

My Internet home access is temporarily broken. Expect an (un)usual
lack of reactivity.

2011-03-16 22:57:57

by Piotr Hosowicz

On 16.03.2011 21:22, Francois Romieu wrote:
> You can get it there:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/romieu/linux-firmware.git
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/romieu/linux-firmware.git
>
> It has already been submitted to the maintainer of linux-firmware.

Thanks a lot, you saved me hours of searching.

Regards,

Piotr Hosowicz
--
Miss World 2006: Jestem szcz??liwa, ?e mog? wspaniale uczestniczy? w
prze?yciu najpi?kniejszych kobiet tutaj w Warszawie, gdzie Jan Pawe? II,

2011-03-17 18:29:31

by Piotr Hosowicz

On 16.03.2011 21:22, Francois Romieu wrote:
> You can get it there:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/romieu/linux-firmware.git
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/romieu/linux-firmware.git
>
> It has already been submitted to the maintainer of linux-firmware.

Hello,

The problem persists, I have on disk:

# ls /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/
rtl8105e-1.fw rtl8168d-1.fw rtl8168d-2.fw rtl8168e-1.fw rtl8168e-2.fw

And my NIC doesn't work. What do you mean saying that I can get it
there? How can I contact the maintainer?

Please, help, I cannot test new kernels.

Regards,

Piotr Hosowicz

--
Na przyj?ciu ch?opak pyta blondynk?:
- Czy mog? ci? prosi? do walca?

2011-03-17 19:02:24

by Piotr Hosowicz

On 16.03.2011 21:22, Francois Romieu wrote:
> You can get it there:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/romieu/linux-firmware.git
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/romieu/linux-firmware.git
>
> It has already been submitted to the maintainer of linux-firmware.

Hello,

The problem persists, I have on disk:

# ls /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/
rtl8105e-1.fw rtl8168d-1.fw rtl8168d-2.fw rtl8168e-1.fw rtl8168e-2.fw

And my NIC doesn't work. What do you mean saying that I can get it
there? How can I contact the maintainer?

Please, help, I cannot test new kernels.

Regards,

Piotr Hosowicz

--
Na przyj?ciu ch?opak pyta blondynk?:
- Czy mog? ci? prosi? do walca?
- Zg?upia?e?? To ju? nie mia?e? czym przyjecha??
NP: Banda Do Sol - Fabito
NB: 2.6.38-git3

2011-03-21 02:47:45

by Hayes Wang

Excuse me. I don't understand what your question is. Do you mean you cannot
build the kernel without the firmware? Or, you just don't know where to download
the firmware? Or, your NIC work abnormally after loading the firmware?

>From your information, I see the firmware in the correct path
"/lib/firmeare/rtl_nic/", so it seems fine.

Best Regards,
Hayes

> And my NIC doesn't work. What do you mean saying that I can
> get it there? How can I contact the maintainer?
>
> Please, help, I cannot test new kernels.

2011-03-21 03:50:28

by Piotr Hosowicz

On 21.03.2011 03:47, hayeswang wrote:

> [...]

Nevermind, the problem was in the kernel (bug), not firmware. Sorry for
the noise.

Regards,

Piotr Hosowicz

--
Z cyklu "Uroki demokracji", czyli pytania i odpowiedzi w teledurniejach:
- Kt?ry aktor ameryka?ski jest m??em Nicole Kidman?