2011-04-11 03:28:55

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the trivial tree with the wireless tree

Hi Jiri,

Today's linux-next merge of the trivial tree got a conflict in
drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/phy.h between commit a9b6b2569cf1
("ath9k_hw: turn a few big macros into functions") from the wireless tree
and commit 6eab04a87677 ("treewide: remove extra semicolons") from the
trivial tree.

The former commit removed the code that the latter changed, so I did that.
Stephen Rothwell [email protected]

Attachments:
(No filename) (442.00 B)
(No filename) (490.00 B)

by Justin P. Mattock

On 04/10/2011 08:28 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Jiri,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the trivial tree got a conflict in
> drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/phy.h between commit a9b6b2569cf1
> ("ath9k_hw: turn a few big macros into functions") from the wireless tree
> and commit 6eab04a87677 ("treewide: remove extra semicolons") from the
> trivial tree.
>
> The former commit removed the code that the latter changed, so I did that.

yikes... I dont like seeing that.. what can I do to help with this?

Justin P. Mattock

2011-04-11 15:17:54

by Jiri Kosina

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011, Justin P. Mattock wrote:

> > Today's linux-next merge of the trivial tree got a conflict in
> > drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/phy.h between commit a9b6b2569cf1
> > ("ath9k_hw: turn a few big macros into functions") from the wireless tree
> > and commit 6eab04a87677 ("treewide: remove extra semicolons") from the
> > trivial tree.
> >
> > The former commit removed the code that the latter changed, so I did that.
>
> yikes... I dont like seeing that.. what can I do to help with this?

No need for you to do anything. I'll resolve the conflict.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.

2011-04-11 15:24:34

by Justin P. Mattock

On 04/11/2011 08:17 AM, Jiri Kosina wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Apr 2011, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
>
>>> Today's linux-next merge of the trivial tree got a conflict in
>>> drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/phy.h between commit a9b6b2569cf1
>>> ("ath9k_hw: turn a few big macros into functions") from the wireless tree
>>> and commit 6eab04a87677 ("treewide: remove extra semicolons") from the
>>> trivial tree.
>>>
>>> The former commit removed the code that the latter changed, so I did that.
>>
>> yikes... I dont like seeing that.. what can I do to help with this?
>
> No need for you to do anything. I'll resolve the conflict.

o.k.!

Justin P. Mattock

2011-04-13 09:14:57

by Jiri Kosina

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011, Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Today's linux-next merge of the trivial tree got a conflict in
> drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/phy.h between commit a9b6b2569cf1
> ("ath9k_hw: turn a few big macros into functions") from the wireless tree
> and commit 6eab04a87677 ("treewide: remove extra semicolons") from the
> trivial tree.
>
> The former commit removed the code that the latter changed, so I did that.

I have reverted the chunk in question, so the conflict should be gone.

Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.