2011-04-12 10:20:04

by Wojciech Zabołotny

Subject: Screen corrupted in Xorg with KMS on 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML chipset with kernel 2.6.38.2

After I've upgraded my kernel to 2.6.38.2, I started to experience very
often screen corruption
in X (it happened also earlier with 2.6.37.3, but now is very often.
Hardware seems to be OK. I attach sample screendumps, configuration of
my kernel, log
of the X server and output of the lspci command.

Attachments:
zrzut_ekranu-mc [root@wzlaphp]:-var-log.png (64.40 kB)
zrzut_ekranu-mc [root@wzlaphp]:-var-log-1.png (67.64 kB)
config.gz (24.10 kB)
lspci.gz (3.55 kB)
Xorg.0.log.gz (6.16 kB)

by Bruno Prémont

[CCing intel-gfx]

On Tue, 12 April 2011 Wojciech Zabołotny <[email protected]> wrote:
> After I've upgraded my kernel to 2.6.38.2, I started to experience very
> often screen corruption in X (it happened also earlier with 2.6.37.3,
> but now is very often.
> Hardware seems to be OK. I attach sample screendumps, configuration of
> my kernel, log of the X server and output of the lspci command.

This looks similar to the xchat corruptions I see (on i855).

Have a look at #34980 (also 945 family) and #35460 on bugs.freedesktop.org.

Bruno

2011-04-12 16:52:36

by Wojciech Zabołotny

W dniu 12.04.2011 18:41, Bruno Prémont pisze:
> [CCing intel-gfx]
>
> On Tue, 12 April 2011 Wojciech Zabołotny<[email protected]> wrote:
>> After I've upgraded my kernel to 2.6.38.2, I started to experience very
>> often screen corruption in X (it happened also earlier with 2.6.37.3,
>> but now is very often.
>> Hardware seems to be OK. I attach sample screendumps, configuration of
>> my kernel, log of the X server and output of the lspci command.
>
> This looks similar to the xchat corruptions I see (on i855).
>
> Have a look at #34980 (also 945 family) and #35460 on bugs.freedesktop.org.
>
> Bruno

Yes, the similar symptoms have also been reported in Ubuntu

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/737900

I have yet another machine, with an older chipset - VGA compatible
controller: Intel Corporation 82865G Integrated Graphics Controller (rev
02) no corruptions occur in this machine.

2011-04-14 14:57:10

by Wojciech Zabołotny

W dniu 12.04.2011 18:51, wzab pisze:
> W dniu 12.04.2011 18:41, Bruno Prémont pisze:
>> [CCing intel-gfx]
>>
>> On Tue, 12 April 2011 Wojciech Zabołotny<[email protected]> wrote:
>>> After I've upgraded my kernel to 2.6.38.2, I started to experience very
>>> often screen corruption in X (it happened also earlier with 2.6.37.3,
>>> but now is very often.
>>> Hardware seems to be OK. I attach sample screendumps, configuration of
>>> my kernel, log of the X server and output of the lspci command.
>>
>> This looks similar to the xchat corruptions I see (on i855).
>>
>> Have a look at #34980 (also 945 family) and #35460 on
>> bugs.freedesktop.org.
>>
>> Bruno
>
> Yes, the similar symptoms have also been reported in Ubuntu
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/737900
>
> I have yet another machine, with an older chipset - VGA compatible
> controller: Intel Corporation 82865G Integrated Graphics Controller
> (rev 02) no corruptions occur in this machine.
Ooops, sorry, today I have noticed the same problems on the machine with
Intel Corporation 82865G Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02).

Wojtek