2012-05-14 12:43:15

by Massimo Cetra

Subject: Kernel consistently panicing on br_parse_ip_options

Hello,

I had already filed similar panics a month ago.
Today i upgraded to 3.2.16 and nothing seems to be changed (and i don't
see anything related in .17).

The server (a Dell R410 with a couple of bnx2 ethernet cards) has two
bridges onboard.

Each bridge is connected to a different switch and has 2 uses:
- one bridge is connecting an internal network and the KVM hosts that
run on the same machine
- one bridge connects the server to the public network along with
another bunch of kvm servers whose interfaces bridges

The bug can be easily triggered adding or removing (with heartbeat) a
virtual address (br0:1, for example) .

Is there any known fix or patch ?

Thanks
Massimo

Attachments:
panic1.txt (23.35 kB)

2012-05-18 10:45:28

by Massimo Cetra

On 14/05/2012 14:37, Massimo Cetra wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I had already filed similar panics a month ago.
> Today i upgraded to 3.2.16 and nothing seems to be changed (and i don't
> see anything related in .17).
>
> The server (a Dell R410 with a couple of bnx2 ethernet cards) has two
> bridges onboard.
>
> Each bridge is connected to a different switch and has 2 uses:
> - one bridge is connecting an internal network and the KVM hosts that
> run on the same machine
> - one bridge connects the server to the public network along with
> another bunch of kvm servers whose interfaces bridges
>
> The bug can be easily triggered adding or removing (with heartbeat) a
> virtual address (br0:1, for example) .
>
> Is there any known fix or patch ?

As an attachment you may find another panic that seems compatible with
the previous one.
The crash seems consistent and reproduceable. Is there anyone worrying
about this ?

Thanks
Massimo

Attachments: