2012-05-31 12:18:00

by James Bottomley

Subject: [GIT PULL] Final round of SCSI updates for the 3.4+ merge window

This is primarily another round of driver updates (bnx2fc, qla2xxx,
qla4xxx) including the target mode driver for qla2xxx. We've also got a
couple of regression fixes (async scanning, broken this merge window and
a fix to a long standing break in the scsi_wait_scan module).

The patch is available here:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-misc-2.6.git scsi-misc

The short changelog is

Aaron Lu (1):
scsi_pm: resume device if suspend failed

Andrew Vasquez (1):
qla2xxx: Fix typo in bus-reset handler.

Bhanu Prakash Gollapudi (4):
bnx2fc: Bumped version to 1.0.11
bnx2fc: cleanup task management IO when it times out.
bnx2fc: Decrememnt io ref count when abort times out
bnx2fc: Allow FLOGI to be retried when receiving bad responses.

Chad Dupuis (5):
Revert "qla2xxx: During loopdown perform Diagnostic loopback."
qla2xxx: Log link up and link down messages to track link flops.
qla2xxx: Handle interrupt registration failures more gracefully.
qla2xxx: Change "Done" to "Entering" in the debug print statement in qla2x00_port_logout.
qla2xxx: Remove unneeded DPC wakeups from qla82xx_watchdog.

Chetan Loke (1):
qla2xxx: Micro optimization in queuecommand handler

Dan Carpenter (2):
qla2xxx: don't free pool that wasn't allocated
mptfusion: unlock on error in mpt_config()

Dan Williams (1):
fix async probe regression

Giridhar Malavali (4):
qla2xxx: Display proper firmware version when new minidump template is gathered for ISP82xx.
qla2xxx: Don't capture minidump for ISP82xx on flash update from application.
qla2xxx: Display proper supported speeds for 16G FC adapters.
qla2xxx: Detect PEG errors.

James Bottomley (1):
fix scsi_wait_scan

Joe Carnuccio (3):
qla2xxx: Avoid losing any fc ports when loop id's are exhausted.
qla2xxx: Optimize existing port name server query matching.
qla2xxx: Remove mirrored field vp_idx from struct fc_port.

Jun'ichi Nomura (1):
Fix dm-multipath starvation when scsi host is busy

Krishna Gudipati (1):
bfa: Fix to set vport FC host sysfs entries

Lalit Chandivade (1):
qla4xxx: Correct early completion of pending mbox.

Manish Rangankar (2):
qla4xxx: Fix clear ddb mbx command failure issue.
qla4xxx: Fix kernel panic during discovery logout.

Masanari Iida (1):
qla2xxx: Fix typo in qla_mbx.c

Mike Christie (1):
be2iscsi: fix dma free size mismatch regression

Namjae Jeon (1):
ufs: fix potential NULL pointer dereferencing error in ufshcd_prove.

Nicholas Bellinger (2):
tcm_qla2xxx: Add >= 24xx series fabric module for target-core
qla2xxx: Add LLD target-mode infrastructure for >= 24xx series

Nigel Kirkland (1):
qla2xxx: Fixups for ISP83xx.

Raul Porcel (1):
qla2xxx: Fix typo in qla_init.c

Robert Love (4):
fcoe, bnx2fc, libfcoe: SW FCoE and bnx2fc use FCoE Syfs
libfcoe: Add fcoe_sysfs
bnx2fc: Allocate fcoe_ctlr with bnx2fc_interface, not as a member
fcoe: Allocate fcoe_ctlr with fcoe_interface, not as a member

Saurav Kashyap (3):
qla2xxx: Corrections to log messages.
qla2xxx: Stats should be different from physical and virtual ports
qla2xxx: Add ql_dbg_verbose logging level.

Tej Parkash (2):
qla4xxx: Capture minidump for ISP82XX on firmware failure
qla4xxx: Add change_queue_depth API support

Vikas Chaudhary (1):
qla4xxx: Update driver version to 5.02.00-k17

And the diffstat:

Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-bus-fcoe | 77 +
drivers/message/fusion/mptbase.c | 1 +
drivers/scsi/be2iscsi/be_mgmt.c | 5 +-
drivers/scsi/bfa/bfad_attr.c | 17 +
drivers/scsi/bfa/bfad_im.c | 2 +-
drivers/scsi/bfa/bfad_im.h | 1 +
drivers/scsi/bnx2fc/bnx2fc.h | 9 +-
drivers/scsi/bnx2fc/bnx2fc_els.c | 18 +-
drivers/scsi/bnx2fc/bnx2fc_fcoe.c | 173 +-
drivers/scsi/bnx2fc/bnx2fc_hwi.c | 39 +-
drivers/scsi/bnx2fc/bnx2fc_io.c | 122 +-
drivers/scsi/bnx2fc/bnx2fc_tgt.c | 21 +-
drivers/scsi/fcoe/Makefile | 2 +-
drivers/scsi/fcoe/fcoe.c | 200 +-
drivers/scsi/fcoe/fcoe.h | 8 +-
drivers/scsi/fcoe/fcoe_ctlr.c | 159 +-
drivers/scsi/fcoe/fcoe_sysfs.c | 832 +++++
drivers/scsi/fcoe/fcoe_transport.c | 13 +-
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/Kconfig | 9 +
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/Makefile | 3 +-
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_attr.c | 22 +-
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_bsg.c | 12 +-
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_dbg.c | 81 +-
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_dbg.h | 9 +
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_def.h | 78 +-
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_gbl.h | 9 +
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_gs.c | 4 +-
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_init.c | 199 +-
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_iocb.c | 90 +-
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_isr.c | 94 +-
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_mbx.c | 615 ++--
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_mid.c | 18 +-
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_nx.c | 66 +-
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_nx.h | 14 +-
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_os.c | 173 +-
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_target.c | 4973 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_target.h | 1005 ++++++
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/tcm_qla2xxx.c | 1955 ++++++++++++
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/tcm_qla2xxx.h | 82 +
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/ql4_attr.c | 134 +
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/ql4_def.h | 22 +
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/ql4_fw.h | 28 +
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/ql4_glbl.h | 8 +
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/ql4_init.c | 95 +-
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/ql4_mbx.c | 111 +-
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/ql4_nx.c | 738 ++++-
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/ql4_nx.h | 192 ++
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/ql4_os.c | 78 +-
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/ql4_version.h | 2 +-
drivers/scsi/scsi_lib.c | 11 +-
drivers/scsi/scsi_pm.c | 5 +-
drivers/scsi/scsi_scan.c | 7 +-
drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.c | 2 +-
drivers/scsi/ufs/ufshcd.c | 5 +-
include/scsi/fcoe_sysfs.h | 124 +
include/scsi/libfcoe.h | 27 +
create mode 100644 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-bus-fcoe
create mode 100644 drivers/scsi/fcoe/fcoe_sysfs.c
create mode 100644 drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_target.c
create mode 100644 drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_target.h
create mode 100644 drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/tcm_qla2xxx.c
create mode 100644 drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/tcm_qla2xxx.h
create mode 100644 include/scsi/fcoe_sysfs.h

James

2012-05-31 19:06:09

by Linus Torvalds

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 5:17 AM, James Bottomley
<[email protected]> wrote:

> The patch is available here:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-misc-2.6.git scsi-misc

No it's not. You used some stale old name. It's "scsi.git", not
"scsi-misc-2.6.git".

Also, wouldn't it be much nicer if the tag actually contained your
useful comments, rather than just the useless date.

But pulled.

Linus

2012-05-31 19:58:05

by Nicholas A. Bellinger

On Thu, 2012-05-31 at 13:17 +0100, James Bottomley wrote:
> This is primarily another round of driver updates (bnx2fc, qla2xxx,
> qla4xxx) including the target mode driver for qla2xxx.

Hi everyone,

With the Qlogic >= 24xx series HW target driver code now upstream for
3.5-rc1, I wanted to take this brief moment to thank those who have
contributed to reaching this initial milestone:

Andrew Vasquez (Qlogic)
Arun Easi (Qlogic)
Chad Dupuis (Qlogic)
Giridhar Malavali (Qlogic)
Joern Engel (Pure)
John 'Coz' Colgrove (Pure)
Marco Sanvido (Pure)
Patrick Lee (Pure)
Roland Dreier (Pure)
Scott Dietzen (Pure)
Steve Hodgson (Pure)
Jerome Martin (RisingTide)
Madhu Iyengar (RisingTide)
Marc Fleischmann (RisingTide)
Christoph Hellwig (LSF / RTS)
Andy Grover (RHAT)
Dan Carpenter (Oracle)
Hannes Reinecke (Suse.de)
James Bottomley (Parallels)
Stephen Rothwell (IBM)
Vladislav Bolkhovitin (SCST / ID7)

Without the help and support of these people the initial merge for
v3.5-rc1 would not have been possible.

Thank you!

--nab

2012-06-01 03:47:22

by Giridhar Malavali

Nicholas and all others,

I would like to thank you very much on behalf of QLogic Linux FC/FCoE team
to everyone who worked with us to get QLogic >= 24xx initial target driver
upstream for 3.5-rc1. You responded quickly to our queries and provided
the support to get this functionality delivered on time. We would like to
work further to get other target related functionalities upstream in
future.

Thanks,
Giridhar

On 5/31/12 12:57 PM, "Nicholas A. Bellinger" <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Thu, 2012-05-31 at 13:17 +0100, James Bottomley wrote:
>> This is primarily another round of driver updates (bnx2fc, qla2xxx,
>> qla4xxx) including the target mode driver for qla2xxx.
>
>Hi everyone,
>
>With the Qlogic >= 24xx series HW target driver code now upstream for
>3.5-rc1, I wanted to take this brief moment to thank those who have
>contributed to reaching this initial milestone:
>
>Andrew Vasquez (Qlogic)
>Arun Easi (Qlogic)
>Chad Dupuis (Qlogic)
>Giridhar Malavali (Qlogic)
>Joern Engel (Pure)
>John 'Coz' Colgrove (Pure)
>Marco Sanvido (Pure)
>Patrick Lee (Pure)
>Roland Dreier (Pure)
>Scott Dietzen (Pure)
>Steve Hodgson (Pure)
>Jerome Martin (RisingTide)
>Madhu Iyengar (RisingTide)
>Marc Fleischmann (RisingTide)
>Christoph Hellwig (LSF / RTS)
>Andy Grover (RHAT)
>Dan Carpenter (Oracle)
>Hannes Reinecke (Suse.de)
>James Bottomley (Parallels)
>Stephen Rothwell (IBM)
>Vladislav Bolkhovitin (SCST / ID7)
>
>Without the help and support of these people the initial merge for
>v3.5-rc1 would not have been possible.
>
>Thank you!
>
>--nab

2012-06-01 13:54:59

by Rob Evers

Hi James,

Is there anything left to be done before these patches get
accepted?

patches in this set:

patches in this set:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-scsi&m=133736469121900&w=2

Thanks for your consideration, Rob

2012-06-02 00:16:08

by Nicholas A. Bellinger

On Thu, 2012-05-31 at 20:47 -0700, Giridhar Malavali wrote:
> Nicholas and all others,
>
> I would like to thank you very much on behalf of QLogic Linux FC/FCoE team
> to everyone who worked with us to get QLogic >= 24xx initial target driver
> upstream for 3.5-rc1. You responded quickly to our queries and provided
> the support to get this functionality delivered on time. We would like to
> work further to get other target related functionalities upstream in
> future.

Hi Giridhar!

I'm really happy to hear that Qlogic would like to expand it's upstream
target-mode support offerings based on the positive results from qla2xxx
with the target-mode development community thus far.

While it's going to be a busy ~8 weeks until 3.5 is released to resolve
the outstanding active I/O target shutdown issues with tcm_qla2xxx, I'm
eager to get these remaining issues get addressed for this first round.

I'm also really excited to see 83xx target mode support included as a
for-3.6 -> for-3.7 item..

:)

Thank you!

--nab