2012-06-24 23:10:04

by Chris Jones

Subject: Solaris kernel. Compile in Linux

Is it possible to compile the Solaris kernel using Linux based tools? I
suspect not. And if not, why can't this be done?

Chris Jones @ [email protected]
and [email protected]

OpenSUSE Linux x86_64 (PC)|Android (Smartphone)|Windows 7 (Laptop)|Windows XP (Gaming)
Kernel developer|Lead Developer of SDL|Lead Developer of Nest Linux|Gamer and Emulator nut|Web Services|Digital Imaging Services
Controllers: Rapier V2 Gaming mouse|Logitech Precision|PS3 controller|XB360 controller|Logitech Attack 3 j/stick
Emulators: Fusion|Gens|ZSNES|Project64|PCSX-R|Stella|WinVICE|WinUAE|DOSBox

2012-06-25 05:48:09

by Al Viro

Subject: Re: Solaris kernel. Compile in Linux

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 09:09:27AM +1000, Chris Jones wrote:
> Is it possible to compile the Solaris kernel using Linux based
> tools? I suspect not. And if not, why can't this be done?

And if this question was posted to a maillist that had something
to do with Solaris kernel or Linux toolchain, what list it was?