2002-09-29 09:23:12

by Gabor Z. Papp

Subject: 2.4.20-pre7-ac3 spurious 8259A interrupt

Asus TUSL2-C mobo

ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override
with idebus=xx
ICH2: IDE controller at PCI slot 00:1f.1
ICH2: chipset revision 2
ICH2: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
ide0: BM-DMA at 0x9800-0x9807, BIOS settings: hda:DMA, hdb:pio
ide1: BM-DMA at 0x9808-0x980f, BIOS settings: hdc:DMA, hdd:pio

ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6 on irq 14
ide1 at 0x170-0x177,0x376 on irq 15
ide2 at 0xb800-0xb807,0xb402 on irq 9
ide3 at 0xb000-0xb007,0xa802 on irq 9

# cat /proc/interrupts
CPU0
0: 185641 XT-PIC timer
1: 3426 XT-PIC keyboard
2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
8: 0 XT-PIC rtc
9: 266188 XT-PIC ide2, ide3, eth0
14: 229633 XT-PIC ide0
15: 229618 XT-PIC ide1
NMI: 0
ERR: 0

On heavy ide1 usage (disk present only on the primar
channel) I'm getting

spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ15.

messages all the time.

2002-09-29 12:59:50

by Allan Duncan

Subject: Re: 2.4.20-pre7-ac3 spurious 8259A interrupt

You don't say what chipset the m/b uses.

I see this message once, near boot time, on a VIA KT266A,
unless I use a RedHat patched kernel. Haven't managed to
find what they did to stop it though.

2002-09-29 13:07:52

by Gabor Z. Papp

* Allan Duncan <[email protected]>:

| You don't say what chipset the m/b uses.

Intel Corp. 82815 815 Chipset Host Bridge and Memory Controller Hub (rev 4).

| I see this message once, near boot time, on a VIA KT266A,
| unless I use a RedHat patched kernel. Haven't managed to
| find what they did to stop it though.

I see sometimes with IRQ7 which is unused... and on heavy
ide1 usage on the ide1 interrupt. Weird, and never happend
with earlier 2.4.x kernels.