2002-07-05 11:01:04

by Mauricio Pretto

Subject: 2.5.24 - Swap Problem?

I have just compiled my kernel using 2.5.24 from kernel.org, with the
.config attached and i have this strange problem.
my Swap its active, but it never used.

root@hash:~# free
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 184196 149972 34224 0 0 89856
-/+ buffers/cache: 60116 124080
Swap: 136512 0 136512

--
Mauricio Pretto
Gerente de Produtos

Attachments:
.config (15.65 kB)

2002-07-05 13:50:37

by Mauricio Pretto

Subject: Re: 2.5.24 - Swap Problem?

I have done this and it steel keep 0 mbs of free Swap used
like this
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 182808 178328 4480 0 7544 83744
-/+ buffers/cache: 87040 95768
Swap: 136512 0 136512
Its very strange
my box almoust hangup

--
Mauricio Pretto
Gerente de Produtos

2002-07-05 15:40:29

by Rik van Riel

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Mauricio Pretto wrote:

> I have done this and it steel keep 0 mbs of free Swap used
> like this
> total used free shared buffers cached
> Mem: 182808 178328 4480 0 7544 83744
> -/+ buffers/cache: 87040 95768
> Swap: 136512 0 136512
> Its very strange my box almoust hangup

Could you show us some output of 'vmstat 1' while your
system is behaving badly ?

thank you,

Rik

by Rudmer van Dijk

At 10:57 5-7-02 -0300, Mauricio Pretto wrote:
>I have done this and it steel keep 0 mbs of free Swap used
>like this
> total used free shared buffers cached
>Mem: 182808 178328 4480 0 7544 83744
>-/+ buffers/cache: 87040 95768
>Swap: 136512 0 136512
>Its very strange
>my box almoust hangup

did you see a message like this:
starting swap: swap version 0 is not supported anymore, use mkswap -v1
/dev/<swapdev>

so could you try to use version 1 swap and see if it still exists

Rudmer