2013-05-09 09:57:47

by Knut Petersen

Subject: [BUG 3.9.x] kernel BUG at kernel/timer.c:909 triggered by divertctl

After compiling kernel 3.9.1 I found that a script containing a
number of divertctrl commands triggered a kernel bug: (MSNs edited)

divertctrl wait interrogate HiSax cfu 123456 0
divertctrl wait interrogate HiSax cfu 1234567 0
[...]

I tried the script with kernel 3.9.0 and found the same problem.
At that time it was reproducible on a 2nd identical machine.

After that I tried kernel 3.8.12 and everything was ok.

I tried to bisect the problem. That failed. I found that the problem
totally disappeared, it is currently not reproducible with any of the
kernels mentioned above.

The only reasonable explanation is that an unusual answer from the switch side
triggered the problem ... something that definitely should not be possible.

Unfortunately there is no trace of the d-channel traffic.

Hardware: AOpen i915GMm-hfs, hfc-pci isdn controller card (1397:2bd0)
Distribution:openSuSE 12.3
ISDN: Deutsche Telekom Euro-ISDN, no pbx.

cu,
Knut

Attachments:
tracediv1 (26.92 kB)