2013-07-02 07:10:00

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: reminder

Hi all,

We are in the merge window, so please do not add anything to your
linux-next included branches that is not destined for v3.11 until after
v3.11-rc1 is released.

Stephen Rothwell [email protected]

Attachments:
(No filename) (240.00 B)
(No filename) (836.00 B)

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: Re: linux-next: reminder

Hi all,

On Tue, 2 Jul 2013 17:09:57 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <[email protected]> wrote:

> We are in the merge window, so please do not add anything to your
> linux-next included branches that is not destined for v3.11 until after
> v3.11-rc1 is released.

No, really :-(

i.e. maintainers should be saying "No" to any "features" that were not
ready before the merge window opened (even when the maintainer and the
developer are the same person) ...
Stephen Rothwell [email protected]

Attachments:
(No filename) (522.00 B)
(No filename) (836.00 B)

by Pekka Enberg

On 07/10/2013 03:07 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Tue, 2 Jul 2013 17:09:57 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> We are in the merge window, so please do not add anything to your
>> linux-next included branches that is not destined for v3.11 until after
>> v3.11-rc1 is released.
>
> No, really :-(
>
> i.e. maintainers should be saying "No" to any "features" that were not
> ready before the merge window opened (even when the maintainer and the
> developer are the same person) ...

It's being queued for v3.11. I was on vacation for two weeks
with no internet at the worst possible moment and I was backlogged
with slab patches.

Sorry for breaking things!

Pekka