2011-05-31 16:24:40

by Darren Salt

Subject: [3.0-rc1] CIFS ACL build failure without CONFIG_KEYS

In 3.0-rc1, without CONFIG_KEYS, cifs-acl.c compilation fails with various
errors, including one about trying to dereference an incomplete type (struct
keys, defined in <linux/key.h>).

I'm including two patches for this since I don't know which way to go on this
one: pick whichever is more correct :-)

--
| Darren Salt | linux or ds at | nr. Ashington, | _ ASCII ribbon
| using Debian | youmustbejoking | Northumberland | ( ) campaign against
| GNU/Linux | ,demon,co,uk | | X HTML e-mail
/ \ http://www.asciiribbon.org
Live every day like it's your last, because one day you'll be right.

Attachments:
cifs-acl-key-v1.patch (569.00 B)
cifs-acl-key-v2.patch (653.00 B)

by Steve French

I merged the 2nd of the two.

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 12:23 PM, Darren Salt
<[email protected]> wrote:
> In 3.0-rc1, without CONFIG_KEYS, cifs-acl.c compilation fails with various
> errors, including one about trying to dereference an incomplete type (struct
> keys, defined in <linux/key.h>).
>
> I'm including two patches for this since I don't know which way to go on this
> one: pick whichever is more correct :-)
>
> --
> | Darren Salt ?| linux or ds at ?| nr. Ashington, | ?_ ?ASCII ribbon
> | using Debian | youmustbejoking | Northumberland | ( ) campaign against
> | GNU/Linux ? ?| ,demon,co,uk ? ?| ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?| ?X ?HTML e-mail
> ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?/ \ http://www.asciiribbon.org
> Live every day like it's your last, because one day you'll be right.

Steve