2015-04-14 17:47:41

by Bob Peterson

Subject: GFS2: Pull request (merge window)

Hi,

Please consider pulling the following changes,

Bob Peterson

GFS2: merge window

Here is a list of patches we've accumulated for GFS2 for the current upstream
merge window. Most of the patches fix GFS2 quotas, which were not properly
enforced. There's another that adds me as a GFS2 co-maintainer, and a
couple patches that fix a kernel panic doing splice_write on GFS2 as well
as a few correctness patches.

The following changes since commit 28666d6dc3feca2b1983e6011df383299d8b6b64:

Add myself (Bob Peterson) as a maintainer of GFS2 (2015-02-24 08:55:30 -0600)

are available in the git repository at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gfs2/linux-gfs2.git tags/gfs2-merge-window

for you to fetch changes up to 30133177957dca9a3e2a37b720f891d3225a92a1:

gfs2: fix quota refresh race in do_glock() (2015-04-08 09:31:18 -0500)

GFS2: merge window

Here is a list of patches we've accumulated for GFS2 for the current upstream
merge window. Most of the patches fix GFS2 quotas, which were not properly
enforced. There's another that adds me as a GFS2 co-maintainer, and a
couple patches that fix a kernel panic doing splice_write on GFS2 as well
as a few correctness patches.

Abhi Das (4):
gfs2: perform quota checks against allocation parameters
gfs2: allow quota_check and inplace_reserve to return available blocks
gfs2: allow fallocate to max out quotas/fs efficiently
gfs2: fix quota refresh race in do_glock()

Andreas Gruenbacher (1):
GFS2: gfs2_set_acl(): Cache "no acl" as well

Bob Peterson (2):
GFS2: Allocate reservation during splice_write
GFS2: Move gfs2_file_splice_write outside of #ifdef

Chengyu Song (1):
gfs2: incorrect check for debugfs returns

fs/gfs2/acl.c | 6 +---
fs/gfs2/aops.c | 6 ++--
fs/gfs2/bmap.c | 2 +-
fs/gfs2/file.c | 101 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------------
fs/gfs2/glock.c | 47 +++++++++++++++-----------
fs/gfs2/incore.h | 4 ++-
fs/gfs2/inode.c | 18 +++++-----
fs/gfs2/quota.c | 62 ++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
fs/gfs2/quota.h | 8 +++--
fs/gfs2/rgrp.c | 20 ++++++++---
fs/gfs2/rgrp.h | 3 +-
fs/gfs2/xattr.c | 2 +-

by Linus Torvalds

Subject: Re: GFS2: Pull request (merge window)

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 10:47 AM, Bob Peterson <[email protected]> wrote:

> There's another that adds me as a GFS2 co-maintainer [...]

So generally, when I start getting pull requests from different
people, I'd like to see a previous separate heads-up or confirmation
from the previous person just so that I'm not taken by surprise.
Rather than this kind of "as part of the pull request, make the thing
official".

Yes, yes, I can see that you use the same script that Steven did, and
I can see that you've been the main developer lately, but still..

Anyway. Pulled.

Linus

2015-04-14 23:19:52

by Linus Torvalds

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 10:47 AM, Bob Peterson <[email protected]> wrote:

Oh, and this was incorrect. You had apparently limited the statistics
to the fs/gfs2 directory, and thus missed the changes to the
MAINTAINERS file. Don't do that - include all the changes. It's what I
see and compare against when I actually do the pull anyway.

Linus

2015-04-15 07:34:12

by Steven Whitehouse

Hi,

On 15/04/15 00:16, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 10:47 AM, Bob Peterson <[email protected]> wrote:
>> There's another that adds me as a GFS2 co-maintainer [...]
> So generally, when I start getting pull requests from different
> people, I'd like to see a previous separate heads-up or confirmation
> from the previous person just so that I'm not taken by surprise.
> Rather than this kind of "as part of the pull request, make the thing
> official".
>
> Yes, yes, I can see that you use the same script that Steven did, and
> I can see that you've been the main developer lately, but still..
>
> Anyway. Pulled.
>
> Linus

Thanks - I'm very much still here, keeping an eye on everything, looking
at all the patches and so forth, but not really writing any myself any
more, due to taking on a wider role recently. That doesn't mean that
GFS2 will have fewer developers though, and Bob has been working on it
pretty much right from the start too, so this should be a smooth transition,

Steve.

2015-04-15 12:09:27

by Bob Peterson

> On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 10:47 AM, Bob Peterson <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > 12 files changed, 184 insertions(+), 95 deletions(-)
>
> Oh, and this was incorrect. You had apparently limited the statistics
> to the fs/gfs2 directory, and thus missed the changes to the
> MAINTAINERS file. Don't do that - include all the changes. It's what I
> see and compare against when I actually do the pull anyway.
>
> Linus

Duly noted, and sorry for the confusion.

Bob Peterson