2008-12-03 00:44:55

by LINUX NEWBIE

Subject: Add new capture device driver in Linux

HI,

How do I add a new capture device driver similar to cx23885? It doesn't
have DVB-T. I'm a newbie to Linux so please point me some directions.

Thank you.

2008-12-03 16:33:35

by Stefan Richter

Subject: Re: Add new capture device driver in Linux

LINUX NEWBIE wrote:
> How do I add a new capture device driver similar to cx23885?

Specific documentation and developer contacts:
http://www.linuxtv.org/

General advice:
linux/Documentation/SubmittingDrivers ("Resources" section)
furthermore
linux/Documentation/HOWTO
linux/Documentation/development-process/
linux/MAINTAINERS
and when you are ready to submit the driver
linux/Documentation/SubmittingPatches
linux/Documentation/SubmitChecklist
--
Stefan Richter
-=====-==--- ==-- ---==

2008-12-11 21:16:20

by LINUX NEWBIE

Hi,

Thanks. Where can I find an example of a basic PCIe analog
capture driver? Basically what does a basic PCIe capture driver need?

Thank you again.

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Stefan Richter
<[email protected]> wrote:
> LINUX NEWBIE wrote:
>> How do I add a new capture device driver similar to cx23885?
>
> Specific documentation and developer contacts:
> http://www.linuxtv.org/
>
> General advice:
> linux/Documentation/SubmittingDrivers ("Resources" section)
> furthermore
> linux/Documentation/HOWTO
> linux/Documentation/development-process/
> linux/MAINTAINERS
> and when you are ready to submit the driver
> linux/Documentation/SubmittingPatches
> linux/Documentation/SubmitChecklist
> --
> Stefan Richter
> -=====-==--- ==-- ---==
> http://arcgraph.de/sr/

2008-12-11 22:05:39

by Stefan Richter

LINUX NEWBIE wrote:
> Thanks. Where can I find an example of a basic PCIe analog
> capture driver? Basically what does a basic PCIe capture driver need?

You can look at any PCI capture device driver, since there is no
difference between PCI and PCIe device drivers.
--
Stefan Richter