2002-08-19 10:29:23

by Sirius Black

Subject: max open file descriptors

Hi to all,

I was wondering on how much the FD limit can be increased
whitout having any problems; i've searched on the net and found
some docs which says 2048 and others 4096....

Which is the maximum number of open FD can i set?

Thanks

Barbieri Roberto

2002-08-19 11:57:02

by Alan

Subject: Re: max open file descriptors

On Mon, 2002-08-19 at 11:37, Sirius Black wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I was wondering on how much the FD limit can be increased
> whitout having any problems; i've searched on the net and found
> some docs which says 2048 and others 4096....
>
> Which is the maximum number of open FD can i set?

For 2.2 there are real per process limitations, for 2.4 it basically
depends how much RAM you have

2002-08-19 13:04:53

by Mohamed Ghouse , Gurgaon

Can I know the limit for 2.2?