2005-02-07 15:11:51

by Enrico Bartky

Subject: BIOS Bug

Hello,

on my notebook, when I plugged in my USB keyboard the kernel doesnt boot correctly, ...

BIOS hangoff failed ( 112, 1010001 )
continuing after BIOS bug
irq 192, pci mem 0xfebff000
new usb device registered, assigned bus number 1

then the notebook hangs. If I boot without the plugged keyboard and plug in when the kernel is ready, there are no problems. I have a SiS USB chipset.

Can you help me?

Thanx, EnricoB

by Aleksey Gorelov

What kernel version are you using ?
Try 2.6.10 with the following command line parameter:
usb-handoff

Aleks.

>Thanx, EnricoB
>linux-kernel" in
>the body of a message to [email protected]

by Enrico Bartky

Aleksey Gorelov schrieb:

> [...]
Thanx, it works! Can you say me, it is really a BIOS Bug, a buggy ACPI
or a driver problem?

2005-02-08 20:10:02

by Aleksey Gorelov

It depends. But I believe in your case it is just too late
for hand off in USB driver. Try search for usb handoff in this
list.

Aleks.