2023-09-24 10:33:05

by Zenghui Yu

Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] KVM fixes for Linux 6.6-rc3

Hi Paolo,

On 2023/9/24 17:27, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> ARM:
>
> * Fix an UV boot crash
>
> * Skip spurious ENDBR generation on_THIS_IP_
>
> * Fix ENDBR use in putuser() asm methods
>
> * Fix corner case boot crashes on 5-level paging
>
> * and fix a false positive WARNING on LTO kernels"

Want to point out that this doesn't describe the *real* kvmarm stuff in
the original PR [*] and doesn't match what you had written in the merge
commit. Not sure what has gone wrong.

[*] https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email protected]

Zenghui

2023-09-24 23:10:35

by Paolo Bonzini

On 9/24/23 12:32, Zenghui Yu wrote:
> Hi Paolo,
>
> On 2023/9/24 17:27, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>> ARM:
>>
>> * Fix an UV boot crash
>>
>> * Skip spurious ENDBR generation on_THIS_IP_
>>
>> * Fix ENDBR use in putuser() asm methods
>>
>> * Fix corner case boot crashes on 5-level paging
>>
>> * and fix a false positive WARNING on LTO kernels"
>
> Want to point out that this doesn't describe the *real* kvmarm stuff in
> the original PR [*] and doesn't match what you had written in the merge
> commit. Not sure what has gone wrong.

Used the wrong "git log --merges" incantation to generate the draft,
which pulled in a message from the last merge commit in origin/master.

I have replaced the tag in place, but the commit is the same. The new
tag message is as follows:

---------------------------------
ARM:

* Fix EL2 Stage-1 MMIO mappings where a random address was used

* Fix SMCCC function number comparison when the SVE hint is set

RISC-V:

* Fix KVM_GET_REG_LIST API for ISA_EXT registers

* Fix reading ISA_EXT register of a missing extension

* Fix ISA_EXT register handling in get-reg-list test

* Fix filtering of AIA registers in get-reg-list test

x86:

* Fixes for TSC_AUX virtualization

* Stop zapping page tables asynchronously, since we don't
zap them as often as before

Paolo