2014-06-19 12:36:52

by Miklos Szeredi

Hi Dave,

There's interest in having a mailing list specifically for "union
filesystem" like solutions (currently active projects are aufs,
union-mounts and overlayfs).

Would it be possible to create one on vger for this purpose?

Thanks,
Miklos

2014-06-20 05:27:38

by Erez Local Zadok

BTW, unionfs isn?t inactive (http://unionfs.filesystems.org, http://git.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/?o=age).

Cheers,
Erez.

On Jun 19, 2014, at 8:36 AM, Miklos Szeredi <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> There's interest in having a mailing list specifically for "union
> filesystem" like solutions (currently active projects are aufs,
> union-mounts and overlayfs).
>
> Would it be possible to create one on vger for this purpose?
>
> Thanks,
> Miklos

2014-06-25 22:55:03

by David Miller

From: Miklos Szeredi <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 14:36:50 +0200

> There's interest in having a mailing list specifically for "union
> filesystem" like solutions (currently active projects are aufs,
> union-mounts and overlayfs).
>
> Would it be possible to create one on vger for this purpose?

I've created [email protected]

2014-07-14 19:13:03

by Hans-Peter Jansen

Dear David,

sorry for the late chime in.

On Mittwoch, 25. Juni 2014 15:54:59 David Miller wrote:
> From: Miklos Szeredi <[email protected]>
> Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 14:36:50 +0200
>
> > There's interest in having a mailing list specifically for "union
> > filesystem" like solutions (currently active projects are aufs,
> > union-mounts and overlayfs).
> >
> > Would it be possible to create one on vger for this purpose?
>
> I've created [email protected]

While this is a great move, it's also a little unfortunate, since it is the
name of exactly one layered filesystem solution out of 4 existing ones
(ignoring vaporware).

A neutral name would have been linux-layeredfs, and as long as nobody objects,
I kindly ask you to rename it (as in creating such a ml, and silently phase
out this one..). Given that 13 people are subscribed by now, that's hopefully
acceptable for all participants.

BTW, all solutions organize the fs join by layering them. ;)

A layered fs user since about a decade,
Pete

2014-07-14 20:17:41

by David Miller

Sorry I'm not changing the name, it's extremely inconvenient for all of
the people maintaining archives of this list.

I also do not agree with the degree to which the name not being generic
enough matters, sorry. So I wouldn't have changed it on that grounds
anyways.

2014-07-15 15:49:33

by David Howells