2006-11-08 09:55:47

by Andrew Benton

Subject: Typo in drivers/usb/input/wacom_wac.c?

Hello World,
my Wacom Volito2 tablet doesn't work with the kernel driver as it is.
The cursor jitters about at the bottom of the screen in a useless
manner. However, if I edit drivers/usb/input/wacom_wac.c and change the
two instances of wacom_be16_to_cpu to wacom_le16_to_cpu then it works
perfectly

sed -i 's/_b/_l/' drivers/usb/input/wacom_wac.c

Andy

2006-11-09 01:05:10

by Greg KH

Subject: Re: Typo in drivers/usb/input/wacom_wac.c?

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 09:55:13AM +0000, Andrew Benton wrote:
> Hello World,
> my Wacom Volito2 tablet doesn't work with the kernel driver as it is.
> The cursor jitters about at the bottom of the screen in a useless
> manner. However, if I edit drivers/usb/input/wacom_wac.c and change the
> two instances of wacom_be16_to_cpu to wacom_le16_to_cpu then it works
> perfectly
>
> sed -i 's/_b/_l/' drivers/usb/input/wacom_wac.c

Which kernel version are you referring to?

Ping, any thoughts?

thanks,

greg k-h

2006-11-09 01:58:32

by Ping Cheng

The two wacom_be16_to_cpu are in wacom_intuos_irq, which has nothing to do with Volito2. Volito2 uses wacom_graphire_irq. I am not exactly sure what Andrew's problem is.

Andrew, please surf the discussion forum at http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/ to see if there is anything similiar to your problem.

Ping

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 09:55:13AM +0000, Andrew Benton wrote:
> Hello World,
> my Wacom Volito2 tablet doesn't work with the kernel driver as it is.
> The cursor jitters about at the bottom of the screen in a useless
> manner. However, if I edit drivers/usb/input/wacom_wac.c and change the
> two instances of wacom_be16_to_cpu to wacom_le16_to_cpu then it works
> perfectly
>
> sed -i 's/_b/_l/' drivers/usb/input/wacom_wac.c

Which kernel version are you referring to?

Ping, any thoughts?

thanks,

greg k-h

2006-11-09 21:11:59

by Andrew Benton

Greg KH wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 09:55:13AM +0000, Andrew Benton wrote:
>> Hello World,
>> my Wacom Volito2 tablet doesn't work with the kernel driver as it is.
>> The cursor jitters about at the bottom of the screen in a useless
>> manner. However, if I edit drivers/usb/input/wacom_wac.c and change the
>> two instances of wacom_be16_to_cpu to wacom_le16_to_cpu then it works
>> perfectly
>>
>> sed -i 's/_b/_l/' drivers/usb/input/wacom_wac.c
>
> Which kernel version are you referring to?

2.6.19-rc5

Andy

2006-11-09 21:21:30

by Andrew Benton

Ping Cheng wrote:
> The two wacom_be16_to_cpu are in wacom_intuos_irq, which has nothing to do with Volito2. Volito2 uses wacom_graphire_irq. I am not exactly sure what Andrew's problem is.

The problem is that the wacom kernel driver in the 2.6.19-rc5 kernel
doesn't work with my Volito 2 tablet. The cursor stays in the bottom
right hand corner of the screen and only responds to me moving the pen
by jittering about a bit.
From what you said it seems that the kernel wacom driver treats my
volito2 as though it's an intuos. The kernel correctly identifies it as
a volito 2 in the system log but if I don't apply that sed to the source
before I compile the kernel the tablet doesn't work.

Andy

2006-11-10 08:18:27

by Andrew Benton