2017-12-09 18:34:02

by Guenter Roeck

Subject: Linux kernel configuration for MPS2 AN385

Hi folks,

I am playing with qemu's mps2-an385 emulation and try to get Linux to boot with it,
so far with little (ie no) success.

Is a working kernel configuration for this board available somewhere ?

Thanks,
Guenter

2017-12-11 09:43:31

by Vladimir Murzin

Subject: Re: Linux kernel configuration for MPS2 AN385

On 09/12/17 18:33, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am playing with qemu's mps2-an385 emulation and try to get Linux to boot with it,
> so far with little (ie no) success.
>
> Is a working kernel configuration for this board available somewhere ?

make ARCH=arm mps2_defconfig

would give you an Image and mps2-an385.dtb suitable for AN385.

You also need a simple wrapper to pass control to kernel... I think
you can get some clue from [1] as well.

[1] https://community.arm.com/dev-platforms/b/documents/posts/instructions-for-running-uclinux-on-arm-s-mps2-platform

Cheers
Vladimir

> Thanks,
> Guenter

2017-12-11 14:16:48

by Guenter Roeck

On 12/11/2017 01:43 AM, Vladimir Murzin wrote:
> On 09/12/17 18:33, Guenter Roeck wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I am playing with qemu's mps2-an385 emulation and try to get Linux to boot with it,
>> so far with little (ie no) success.
>>
>> Is a working kernel configuration for this board available somewhere ?
>
> make ARCH=arm mps2_defconfig
>
> would give you an Image and mps2-an385.dtb suitable for AN385.

Yes, I got that far ...

> You also need a simple wrapper to pass control to kernel... I think
> you can get some clue from [1] as well.

... but I was missing that part. Thanks a lot!

Guenter