2004-03-25 15:16:31

by Nakajima, Jun

Subject: RE: [Lse-tech] [patch] sched-domain cleanups, sched-2.6.5-rc2-mm2-A3

We have found some performance regressions (e.g. SPECjbb) with the
scheduler on a large IA-64 NUMA machine, and we are debugging it. On SMP
machines, we haven't seen performance regressions.

Jun

[email protected];
>[email protected]; [email protected]; Nakajima, Jun;
>[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected];
>[email protected]
>Subject: Re: [Lse-tech] [patch] sched-domain cleanups,
sched-2.6.5-rc2-mm2-
>A3
>
>On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:28:09 +0100
>Ingo Molnar <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> i've reviewed the sched-domains balancing patches for upstream
inclusion
>> and they look mostly fine.
>
>The main problem it has is that it performs quite badly on Opteron NUMA
>e.g. in the OpenMP STREAM test (much worse than the normal scheduler)
>
>-Andi

2004-03-25 16:54:18

by Martin J. Bligh

> We have found some performance regressions (e.g. SPECjbb) with the
> scheduler on a large IA-64 NUMA machine, and we are debugging it. On SMP
> machines, we haven't seen performance regressions.

Is this the SPECjbb / Java thing that believes that sched_yield is a
stable locking primitive? If so, it needs to be ignored ;-) That's
the problem we had here, at least ...

M.