2005-01-14 19:16:06

by Kumar Gala

Subject: unregisters a device that doesnt exist

Is it possible to unregister a device (more specifically a
platform_device) if its hasnt already be registered? If not, is there
a way to determine if the device has been registered.

- kumar

2005-01-14 19:39:05

by Greg KH

Subject: Re: unregisters a device that doesnt exist

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 01:14:23PM -0600, Kumar Gala wrote:
> Is it possible to unregister a device (more specifically a
> platform_device) if its hasnt already be registered?

I think it will fail in wonderful and mysterious ways, have you tried
it?

> If not, is there a way to determine if the device has been registered.

Hm, you were the one that registered it, can't you remember if you did
it or not? :)

thanks,

greg k-h