2003-08-28 07:30:31

by Samium Gromoff

Subject: Let`s support the fight vs. EuroPatents

CAUTION: My asbestos underwear is firmly in place.

I wonder if anybody noticed the current gtk.org appearance. If not,
i`m posting the english part of its front page:

<citation>
Page closed

Page ferm?e

Seite gesperrt

This page is temporarily closed in protest against software patents. Websites may soon be closed
down regularly due to software patents. Software patents can get you prosecuted for publishing
texts you wrote yourself!

You will be redirected to swpat.ffii.org in 20 seconds for more information. To enter this site,
click here.

</citation>

I think we should support them by doing the same to kernel.org.

regards, Samium Gromoff

2003-08-28 11:11:50

by Samium Gromoff

Subject: Re: Let`s support the fight vs. EuroPatents

At Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:06:05 +0400,
Oleg Drokin wrote:

> Hello!
>
> This is just stupid.
> It is just like "to cheat the ticket inspector: buy a ticket, but do not
> take a train".

It depends on how to think of it.

If you want to take an emergency action, because something very bad
might happen, as a measure to bring people`s attention to this it sounds to me
rather effective.

regards, Samium Gromoff