2004-01-13 16:58:51

by Samium Gromoff

Subject: [NFS][2.4][ReiserFS] NFS and `nohide' vs. reiserfs

Participants:

- a 2.4.18 server exporting with a `nohide' option a reiserfs filesystem A
with a reiserfs filesystem B mounted in it.

- a 2.6.0 client.

Problem:

Upon mounting A the 2.6.0 client doesn`t see the filesystem B inside.

regards, Samium Gromoff

2004-01-13 17:19:44

by Trond Myklebust

Subject: Re: [NFS][2.4][ReiserFS] NFS and `nohide' vs. reiserfs

P? ty , 13/01/2004 klokka 11:57, skreiv Samium Gromoff:
> Participants:
>
> - a 2.4.18 server exporting with a `nohide' option a reiserfs filesystem A
> with a reiserfs filesystem B mounted in it.

Mind showing us your /etc/exports? I'll bet you have the "nohide" option
set on the wrong entry.

"nohide" should set be on the /etc/exports entry for "B" if the latter
is mounted inside "A". It does not have to be set on the entry for "A".

Cheers,
Trond

2004-01-14 12:27:52

by Greg Banks

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 12:19:38PM -0500, Trond Myklebust wrote:
> P? ty , 13/01/2004 klokka 11:57, skreiv Samium Gromoff:
> > Participants:
> >
> > - a 2.4.18 server exporting with a `nohide' option a reiserfs filesystem A
> > with a reiserfs filesystem B mounted in it.
> >

> Mind showing us your /etc/exports? I'll bet you have the "nohide" option
> set on the wrong entry.
>
> "nohide" should set be on the /etc/exports entry for "B" if the latter
> is mounted inside "A". It does not have to be set on the entry for "A".

The other gotcha is that the export entry must specify the client
hostname explicitly, not with a * wildcard.

BTW I have a patch to fix this which I haven't submitted to Neil yet.

Greg.
--
Greg Banks, R&D Software Engineer, SGI Australian Software Group.
I don't speak for SGI.

2004-01-14 12:29:56

by Samium Gromoff

At Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:19:38 -0500,
Trond Myklebust wrote:

> P? ty , 13/01/2004 klokka 11:57, skreiv Samium Gromoff:
> > Participants:
> >
> > - a 2.4.18 server exporting with a `nohide' option a reiserfs filesystem A
> > with a reiserfs filesystem B mounted in it.
> >

> Mind showing us your /etc/exports? I'll bet you have the "nohide" option
> set on the wrong entry.
>
> "nohide" should set be on the /etc/exports entry for "B" if the latter
> is mounted inside "A". It does not have to be set on the entry for "A".

Exactly my mistake... thanks!

> Cheers,
> Trond

regards, Samium Gromoff