2024-01-30 22:52:47

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the jc_docs tree with the usb.current tree

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the jc_docs tree got a conflict in:

Documentation/usb/gadget-testing.rst

between commit:

20d03ae36ec0 ("usb: gadget: ncm: Fix indentations in documentation of NCM section")

from the usb.current tree and commit:

e49bf650ab5b ("usb: gadget: fix max_segment_size malformed table")

from the jc_docs tree.

I fixed it up (these commits fix the same problem, I used the former) and
can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next
is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging. You may
also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2024-01-30 23:25:40

by Greg KH

On Wed, Jan 31, 2024 at 09:52:31AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the jc_docs tree got a conflict in:
>
> Documentation/usb/gadget-testing.rst
>
> between commit:
>
> 20d03ae36ec0 ("usb: gadget: ncm: Fix indentations in documentation of NCM section")
>
> from the usb.current tree and commit:
>
> e49bf650ab5b ("usb: gadget: fix max_segment_size malformed table")
>
> from the jc_docs tree.
>
> I fixed it up (these commits fix the same problem, I used the former) and
> can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next
> is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
> upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging. You may
> also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
> tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

Fixup sounds good, thanks!

gre gk-h

2024-01-30 23:48:03

by Jonathan Corbet

Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email protected]> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 31, 2024 at 09:52:31AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Today's linux-next merge of the jc_docs tree got a conflict in:
>>
>> Documentation/usb/gadget-testing.rst
>>
>> between commit:
>>
>> 20d03ae36ec0 ("usb: gadget: ncm: Fix indentations in documentation of NCM section")
>>
>> from the usb.current tree and commit:
>>
>> e49bf650ab5b ("usb: gadget: fix max_segment_size malformed table")
>>
>> from the jc_docs tree.
>>
>> I fixed it up (these commits fix the same problem, I used the former) and
>> can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next
>> is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
>> upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging. You may
>> also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
>> tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.
>
> Fixup sounds good, thanks!

OK, fine, I'll drop the patch out of docs-next.

Thanks,

jon