2002-12-31 20:48:36

by Guennadi Liakhovetski

Subject: ide-scsi CD-recorder error reading burned disks

After burning a CD, when trying to read I am getting the following
behaviour:

~> dd if=/dev/cdr of=/dev/null bs=2048
dd: reading `/dev/cdr': Input/output error
176996+0 records in
176996+0 records out

Whereas, the same disk read on the same drive under the normal ide-driver
works ok:

~> dd if=/dev/hdc of=/dev/null bs=2048
177039+0 records in
177039+0 records out

Other disks can be read on this drive also under ide-scsi ok, as well as
this disk can be read on a SCSI DVD-drive fine. Is it a known behaviour,
or a problem in the drive / driver?

2.4.20, drive is Benq CRW 4012A

Thanks
Guennadi