2005-01-09 15:19:33

by Breno Silva Pinto

Subject: patch to uselib()

Hi all,

Is there a patch to uselib() bug ->
http://www.isec.pl/vulnerabilities/isec-0021-uselib.txt ?

Thanks

2005-01-09 16:28:40

by Henrik Persson

Subject: Re: patch to uselib()

Breno Silva Pinto wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a patch to uselib() bug ->
> http://www.isec.pl/vulnerabilities/isec-0021-uselib.txt ?

It's patched in 2.4.29-rc1 and 2.6.10-ac6. A patch for 2.4 can also be
found here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=110514006004261&w=2

and for 2.6:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=110512844202355&w=2

Browsing the archives usually gives you alot of answers, you know. ;)

--
Henrik Persson

2005-01-09 16:32:47

by Lethalman

> Breno Silva Pinto wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a patch to uselib() bug ->
> http://www.isec.pl/vulnerabilities/isec-0021-uselib.txt ?
>
> Thanks
>

> -
> linux-kernel" in

This one is for 2.4.28 and it's very very very simple:
http://lethalman.iosn.it/patches/uselib-2.4.28.patch

--
http://www.iosn.it * Amministratore Italian Open Source Network
http://www.fyrebird.net * Fyrebird Hosting Provider - Technical Department

2005-01-10 03:54:31

by Mikado

upgrade to 2.4.29rc1 or patch ur current kernel with
grsecurity patch (http://www.grsecurity.net)

--- Breno Silva Pinto <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there a patch to uselib() bug ->

http://www.isec.pl/vulnerabilities/isec-0021-uselib.txt
> ?
>
> Thanks
>

> -
> "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
> More majordomo info at

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

2005-01-10 04:00:52

by Mathieu Segaud

Mikado <[email protected]> disait dernièrement que :

> upgrade to 2.4.29rc1 or patch ur current kernel with
> grsecurity patch (http://www.grsecurity.net)

the grsecurity patch does _not_ solve this vulnerability as stated on
their web site. they point to another patch to be applied
independently from grsecurity 2.1.0 patch:
http://www.grsecurity.net/linux-2.6.10-secfix-200501071130.patch

Regards,

Mathieu Segaud

--
We could be way simpler if we didn't try to be so flexible.

- Andrew Grover, ACPI maintainer on Linux-power.

2005-01-10 13:30:10

by Lethalman

Breno Silva Pinto wrote:
> Hi Lethalman,
>
> I think i can use the same patch on 2.6.10 kernel , is there any problem ?
>
> Att,

I didn't try 2.6 kernels yet, however it should work fine.
I think you can't use directly the patch because there should be other
changes in the file between 2.4.28 and 2.6.10 ;)

Just modify the file manually, you only need to remove a line and add
the same after the do_brk() call.