2005-05-25 12:51:36

by Joerg Schilling

Subject: Re: OT] Joerg Schilling flames Linux on his Blog

Patrick McFarland wrote:

>As everyone knows, Joerg Schilling has a blog, and he often pushes his
>pro-Solaris agenda, and flames the LKML about how Linux breaks cdrecord
>(instead of just admitting cdrecord is broken) or how much more awesome
>Solaris is compared to Linux.

>Well, he just fired yet another salvo at the Linux community:
>http://schily.blogspot.com/2005/04/value-marketing-and-freedom.html

As it seems you don't understand, let me explain: this is definitely not an
anti Linux Blog but rather a reply to the anti Solaris article of a pro
Linux Bigot who calls himself a writer....

>I commented on his blog entry, but I am afraid of being censored as my views
>do not align with his, so I am including the text of my comment here:

Strange thoughts. Why should someone who fights for freedom even think about
removing a comment that is not a personal infringement? As you seem to think
about this posibility, let me ask: should we be rather afraid of you?

>Linux developers code, OpenSolaris developers sit around and flame Linux=20
>developers instead of coding. Which operating system would _you_ choose?

A nice self contradicting statement.....

J?rg

--
EMail:[email protected] (home) J?rg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
[email protected] (uni)

by Patrick McFarland

Joerg, when replying, please don't break threading.

On Wednesday 25 May 2005 08:50 am, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> >I commented on his blog entry, but I am afraid of being censored as my
> > views do not align with his, so I am including the text of my comment
> > here:
>
> Strange thoughts. Why should someone who fights for freedom even think
> about removing a comment that is not a personal infringement? As you seem
> to think about this posibility, let me ask: should we be rather afraid of
> you?

Someone who fights for freedom wouldn't remove the comment. You are not that
someone.

--
Patrick "Diablo-D3" McFarland || [email protected]

(No filename) (882.00 B)
(No filename) (189.00 B)

by Markus Plail

Patrick McFarland <[email protected]> writes:
> Joerg, when replying, please don't break threading.
>> Strange thoughts. Why should someone who fights for freedom even
>> think about removing a comment that is not a personal infringement?
>> As you seem to think about this posibility, let me ask: should we be
>> rather afraid of you?
>
> Someone who fights for freedom wouldn't remove the comment. You are
> not that someone.

But you DO realise that your comment was *NOT* deleted, do you? It isn't
now and it wasn't when I first read the blog entry, which wasn't long
after you posted your message here.

regards
Markus