2005-01-14 12:29:11

by Daniel Kirsten

Subject: 2.6.11-rc1-mm1 waiting-10s-before-mounting-root-....

Hallo,

I have to unpatch waiting-10s-before-mounting-root-filesystem.patch,
otherwise I cannot mount the root file system when booting.

Best regards, Daniel

--
+++ GMX - die erste Adresse f?r Mail, Message, More +++
1 GB Mailbox bereits in GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail

2005-01-14 23:30:39

by Joseph Fannin

Subject: Re: 2.6.11-rc1-mm1 waiting-10s-before-mounting-root-....

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 01:29:08PM +0100, Daniel Kirsten wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I have to unpatch waiting-10s-before-mounting-root-filesystem.patch,
> otherwise I cannot mount the root file system when booting.

Are you using an initrd?

(Just another user trying to work out what's going on.)
--
Joseph Fannin

by Daniel Kirsten

> Are you using an initrd?

yes.

2005-01-16 14:13:14

by syrius.ml

Daniel Kirsten <[email protected]> writes:

>> Are you using an initrd?
> yes.

Then read Documentation/initrd.txt ...
Your initrd must be deprecated, i guess you have to use
root=/dev/whatever/your_final_root_fs with it while it should be
root=/dev/ram0. (pretty sure it doesn't use pivot_root either :) )

FYI it works here with an updated initrd without reversing a patch...