2002-06-19 01:48:34

by David Ford

Subject: Need a URL for PPPoE by Michal Ostrowski

The URL listed for the PPPoE patch in the Configure help is now a 404.
(http://www.shoshin.uwaterloo.ca/~mostrows/)

Would someone kindly advise me of where I can get a current patch for
kernel mode PPPoE?

Thank you,
David

2002-06-19 01:53:30

by David Miller

Subject: Re: Need a URL for PPPoE by Michal Ostrowski

From: David Ford <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 21:48:08 -0400

Would someone kindly advise me of where I can get a current patch for
kernel mode PPPoE?

No kernel patch is necessary, pppoe/pppox has been in the kernel for
some time now.

2002-06-19 02:00:25

by David Ford

Yes, I'm looking for the patch that is required for pppd, or is that no
longer the case?

Thanks,
David

David S. Miller wrote:

> From: David Ford <[email protected]>
> Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 21:48:08 -0400
>
> Would someone kindly advise me of where I can get a current patch for
> kernel mode PPPoE?
>
>No kernel patch is necessary, pppoe/pppox has been in the kernel for
>some time now.

2002-06-19 05:02:42

by Michael Schlenstedt

On Die Jun 18, 2002, David Ford <[email protected]> wrote:

> Yes, I'm looking for the patch that is required for pppd, or is that no
> longer the case?

There's no need for an extra patch, all stuff is now in the cvs-version
of pppd (2.4.2 beta). Just get the cvs-version from [1]

Nevertheless, you can find the old patch at [2], but for an up-to-date
version, you must use the cvs-stuff.

Bye,
Michael