2002-11-20 16:22:00

by Alan Cox

Subject: Linux 2.2.23-rc2

Actually include the DoS fix this time

2.2.23-rc2
o Backport NT iret denial of service bugfix (Marc-Christian Petersen)

2.2.23-rc1
o Gameport support for ALi 5451 (Pascal Schmidt)
| Just missing PCI idents
o IP options IPOPT_END padding fix (Jeff DeFouw)
o Make APM check more paranoid (Solar Designer)
o Sanity check ixj requests as in 2.4 (Solar Designer)
o Fix printk warning in fat (Solar Designer)
o Fix other print warnings in 2.2.22 (Solar Designer)
o ISDN multichannel ppp locking fix (Herbert Xu)
o Fix sx driver compiled into kernel case (Martin Pool)
o Backport ipfw sleep in spinlock in firewall (James Morris)
o Update dmi_scan code to match 2.4/2.5 (Jean Delvare)
o Make agp debugging printk clearer (Neale Banks)

2.2.22
o Fix HDLC bugs causing kernel printk warns (Pavel)

2.2.22-rc3
o 3ware IDE raid small update (Adam Radford)
o Fix incorrect comments (Solar Designer)
o Sanity check in isdn (Solar Designer)
o Type fixes for usb (Solar Designer)
o Vmalloc corner case fix (Dave Miller)

2.2.22-rc2
o Fix isofs over loopback problems (Balazs Takacs)
o Backport 2.4 shutdown/reset SIGIO from 2.4 (Julian Anastasov)
o Fix error reporting in OOM cases (Julian Anastasov)
o List a 2.2 maintainer in MAINTAINERS (Keith Owens)
o Set atime on AF_UNIX sockets (Solar Designer)
o Restore SPARC MD boot configuration (Tomas Szepe)
o Multiple further sign/overflow fixes (Solar Designer)
o Fix ov511 'vfree in interrupt' (Mark McClelland)

2.2.22-rc1
o Backport 2.4 neighbour sending fix (Chris Friesen)
o Fix a sign handling slackness in apm (Silvio Cesare)
o Fix a sign handling error in rio500 (Silvio Cesare)
o Indent depca ready for cleanups (me)
o Update VIA C3 recognition (Diego Rodriguez)
o Fix a sysctl handling bug (MIYOSHI Kazuto)
o Fix a netlink error handling bug in ipfw (Alexander Atanasov)
o 3ware IDE RAID update (Adam Radford)
o Note ioctl clash on 0x5402 (Pavel Machek)
o Typo fix (Dan Aloni)
o Update Riley's contact info (Riley Williams)
o Alpha ptrace fixes (Solar Designer)
o Multiple security fix backports (Solar Designer)

2002-11-20 23:07:08

by Florian Weimer

Subject: Re: Linux 2.2.23-rc2

Alan Cox <[email protected]> writes:

> Actually include the DoS fix this time

But doesn't seem to include the TCP "SYN with RST isn't a SYN, really"
fix. ;-)

2002-11-20 23:45:30

by Alan

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 23:14, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Alan Cox <[email protected]> writes:
>
> > Actually include the DoS fix this time
>
> But doesn't seem to include the TCP "SYN with RST isn't a SYN, really"
> fix. ;-)

I wasnt aware 2.2 had that problem. I'll take a look.

2002-11-21 00:17:51

by David Miller

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 16:19, Alan Cox wrote:
> > But doesn't seem to include the TCP "SYN with RST isn't a SYN, really"
> > fix. ;-)
>
> I wasnt aware 2.2 had that problem. I'll take a look.

It doesn't.

Only >= 2.4.x had that bug.