2002-12-11 23:55:12

by Shureih, Tariq

Subject: Slow SCSI AIC7xxx on 2.5.48

Has anyone noticed some serious degradation in performance using AIC7xxx
driver in 2.5.48?

I have a system with Intel's SL2 dual PIII Xeon 933 with on board scsi
adaptec.

When I load the 2.4.19 kernel, everything is fine.

Using 2.5.48, when I login it takes it sometimes up to 1 minute 34 seconds
to return me a prompt and good luck with "ps".
No errors or messages though.

I have not tried it with 2.5.51 to see if anything changed.

Is this known?

*_*_*_*_*_*
Tariq Shureih
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
Opinions are my own and don't represent my employer

2002-12-12 00:33:08

by Shureih, Tariq

Subject: RE: Slow SCSI AIC7xxx on 2.5.48

On other thing I forgot to mention. Uptime would show (after 30 or 40 secs
of waiting for it to return) that system load was > .80 even though no major
apps were running (no X or anything else).

--
Tariq Shureih
Intel Corporation