2002-01-25 08:40:38

by kaih

Subject: Re: Sender header

[email protected] (Bill Davidsen) wrote on 04.01.02 in <[email protected]>:

> As I see the problem, users simply don't want to have their address used
> for spam. Any standard requiring a "real address" however described is
> likely to be widely ignored by any organization which depends on making
> customers happy.

True.

> There are valid reasons for not having a mailable
> address on your posting.

False.

But that is of course a matter of opinion. This is mine.

MfG Kai

2002-01-25 17:24:35

by Rik van Riel

On 25 Jan 2002, Kai Henningsen wrote:
> [email protected] (Bill Davidsen) wrote on 04.01.02 in <[email protected]>:
>
> > There are valid reasons for not having a mailable
> > address on your posting.
>
> False.

I know a reason ... Bill has a question but doesn't want us
to be able to mail him the answer ;)

Note that this "valid reason" is grounds for immediate
killfiling, though ...

cheers,

Rik
--
"Linux holds advantages over the single-vendor commercial OS"
-- Microsoft's "Competing with Linux" document