2019-01-14 10:23:19

by Mika Penttilä

Subject: Regression: i.MX6: pinctrl: fsl: add scu based pinctrl support

Hello,

The patch titled "pinctrl: fsl: add scu based pinctrl support" causes
regression on i.MX6. Tested on a custom board based on
i.MX6Q and sgtl5000 codec, there is no sound,  tested with simple wav
playing.

Reverting the patch makes audio work again.

--Mika

Attachments:
pEpkey.asc (2.45 kB)
pEpkey.asc

2019-01-14 17:00:50

by Fabio Estevam

Hi Mika,

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 8:21 AM Mika Penttilä
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> The patch titled "pinctrl: fsl: add scu based pinctrl support" causes
> regression on i.MX6. Tested on a custom board based on
> i.MX6Q and sgtl5000 codec, there is no sound, tested with simple wav
> playing.
>
> Reverting the patch makes audio work again.

Which kernel version do you use?

Most likely this has already been fixed by the following commit:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/drivers/pinctrl/freescale/pinctrl-imx.c?h=v5.0-rc2&id=571610678bf344006ab4c47c6fd0a842e9ac6a1b

Please let us know if you still have issues with such commit applied.

2019-01-14 17:19:10

by Mika Penttilä

Hi!

On 14.1.2019 18.58, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Hi Mika,
>
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 8:21 AM Mika Penttilä
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>

>> The patch titled "pinctrl: fsl: add scu based pinctrl support" causes
>> regression on i.MX6. Tested on a custom board based on
>> i.MX6Q and sgtl5000 codec, there is no sound, tested with simple wav
>> playing.
>>
>> Reverting the patch makes audio work again.
> Which kernel version do you use?
>
> Most likely this has already been fixed by the following commit:
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/drivers/pinctrl/freescale/pinctrl-imx.c?h=v5.0-rc2&id=571610678bf344006ab4c47c6fd0a842e9ac6a1b
>
> Please let us know if you still have issues with such commit applied.

I am merging mainline and this regression is present in 5.0-rc2 so it should have the mentioned patch applied.

Obviously I had to revert them both ("pinctrl: imx: fix NO_PAD_CTL setting for MMIO pads"
 and "pinctrl: fsl: add scu based pinctrl support"), and after that it works. Is there something more I could test?

--Mika

2019-01-14 17:37:35

by Fabio Estevam

Hi Mika,

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 3:17 PM Mika Penttilä
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I am merging mainline and this regression is present in 5.0-rc2 so it should have the mentioned patch applied.

Merging mainline? Could you test this against a clean mainline tree?

> Obviously I had to revert them both ("pinctrl: imx: fix NO_PAD_CTL setting for MMIO pads"
> and "pinctrl: fsl: add scu based pinctrl support"), and after that it works. Is there something more I could test?

Please share your dts so that we can try to understand what is going on.

2019-01-18 08:31:17

by Aisheng Dong

[...]

> > Please let us know if you still have issues with such commit applied.
>
> I am merging mainline and this regression is present in 5.0-rc2 so it should
> have the mentioned patch applied.
>
> Obviously I had to revert them both ("pinctrl: imx: fix NO_PAD_CTL setting for
> MMIO pads"
>  and "pinctrl: fsl: add scu based pinctrl support"), and after that it works. Is
> there something more I could test?

Any status update?

Can you please try enable CONFIG_DEBUG_PINCTRL which can help you locate
the root cause?
Don't forget to add "DEBUG" in kernel boot param. Or you can use dmesg.

Regards
Dong Aisheng