2007-02-12 21:41:29

by Patrick Ale

Subject: [QUESTION] Which dependency am I missing?

Hi folks,

I am looking for a half day now and I can't find the dependency for
NEW_LED I am missing.
Can anyone point me to what I am missing?

80211: Unknown symbol led_trigger_unregister
80211: Unknown symbol led_trigger_register
80211: Unknown symbol led_trigger_event
80211: Unknown symbol led_trigger_unregister
80211: Unknown symbol led_trigger_register
80211: Unknown symbol led_trigger_event
led_class: Unknown symbol leds_list_lock
led_class: Unknown symbol led_trigger_store
led_class: Unknown symbol leds_list
led_class: Unknown symbol led_trigger_set
led_class: Unknown symbol led_trigger_show
led_class: Unknown symbol led_trigger_set_default
ledtrig_heartbeat: Unknown symbol led_trigger_unregister
ledtrig_heartbeat: Unknown symbol led_trigger_register

Patrick

Attachments:
(No filename) (778.00 B)
config-2.6.20-d80211-test (38.52 kB)

by Patrick Ale

Subject: Re: [QUESTION] Which dependency am I missing?

On 2/12/07, Patrick Ale <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi folks,

Disregard, I found the problem.
CONFIG_NEW_LED=Y , so I have to do a make and boot from the produced image.

Which brings me to another question.
If a dependent driver is selected as module (for reasons you dont want
to reboot and all), is it possible to have the dependencies built as
module aswell rather than being built into the kernel? for
CONFIG_NEW_LED I cant choose for built-in or module, it's built-in,
and that's all there is possible.

Patrick