2001-03-17 17:18:41

by Brent D. Norris

Subject: Mounting ISO via Loop Devices

On my redhat 7.1 machine I have been using the 2.4.0 redhat kernel and
mounting ISO's to loop devices and it worked fine. I upgraded to a 2.4.2
kernel and now none of the ISO's will mount. They all hang when the
command is run. Are there any other known occurences of this?

I am not on the list so if there some issue that you would like to tell me
or if you need more information please write me back directly.

Brent Norris

System Admin - WKU-Center for BioDiversity (4)
WKU-Linux (3)
Best Mechanical (3)

2001-03-20 06:44:26

by Eugene Crosser

Subject: Re: Mounting ISO via Loop Devices

In article <[email protected]>,
"Brent D. Norris" <[email protected]> writes:
> On my redhat 7.1 machine I have been using the 2.4.0 redhat kernel and
> mounting ISO's to loop devices and it worked fine. I upgraded to a 2.4.2
> kernel and now none of the ISO's will mount. They all hang when the
> command is run. Are there any other known occurences of this?

I can confirm that mount over loopback hangs on 2.4.2 (from kernel.org),
regardless of the filesystem type.

Eugene

2001-03-20 06:55:46

by John Jasen

On 20 Mar 2001, Eugene Crosser wrote:

> I can confirm that mount over loopback hangs on 2.4.2 (from kernel.org),
> regardless of the filesystem type.

It seems to have gone away in the 2.4.2-acX series.

--
-- John E. Jasen ([email protected])
-- In theory, theory and practise are the same. In practise, they aren't.