2008-10-29 20:59:18

by Jesper Juhl

Subject: Stepping down as Trivial tree maintainer - no time due to work and family

Hi,

This is to announce officially that I'm stepping down as Trivial tree
maintainer.

There are a few different reasons.

A year ago my work situation changed and my workload increased a bit.
I could still find time to do some kernel work, but the past 6 months
work pressure has increased to a point where I find myself unable to
dedicate time to kernel activities and still maintain a social life.

Secondly, on the 22'nd of October this year my girlfriend gave birth
to a lovely pair of twins (a boy and a girl) which means that for the
next many months my time will be dedicated almost entirely to my
family and my new role as a father.

So, since I simply don't have the time to do a proper job as Trivial
maintainer, I'm stepping down. I should have done this earlier, but I
kept hoping that I would find the time.

I hope to be able to continue to contribute the odd patch once in a
while, but there is no doubt that my kernel related activities will be
quite limited for the foreseable future and I probably won't be
reading email on a regular basis either for the next couple of months.

--
Jesper Juhl <[email protected]>

by Jiri Kosina

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008, Jesper Juhl wrote:

> This is to announce officially that I'm stepping down as Trivial tree
> maintainer.
> There are a few different reasons.

First, congratulations to those 'personal reasons' :)

[ ... ]
> So, since I simply don't have the time to do a proper job as Trivial
> maintainer, I'm stepping down. I should have done this earlier, but I
> kept hoping that I would find the time.

How much are people used to submit trivial patches to [email protected]?
I.e. what is the approximate volume of patches per major kernel release
that usually goes through trivial tree?

If noone else wants to take this over, and general feeling is that trivial
patch tree is still needed, I could eventually do that.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs

2008-11-04 19:46:22

by Pavel Machek

Hi!

> > This is to announce officially that I'm stepping down as Trivial tree
> > maintainer.
> > There are a few different reasons.
>
> First, congratulations to those 'personal reasons' :)
>
> [ ... ]
> > So, since I simply don't have the time to do a proper job as Trivial
> > maintainer, I'm stepping down. I should have done this earlier, but I
> > kept hoping that I would find the time.
>
> How much are people used to submit trivial patches to [email protected]?
> If noone else wants to take this over, and general feeling is that trivial
> patch tree is still needed, I could eventually do that.

I liked the ability to send trivial patchees without having to wait
for merge window etc... so yes, continuing [email protected] would be nice.

by Harvey Harrison

On Tue, 2008-11-04 at 15:10 +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > > This is to announce officially that I'm stepping down as Trivial tree
> > > maintainer.
> > > There are a few different reasons.
> >
> > First, congratulations to those 'personal reasons' :)
> >
> > [ ... ]
> > > So, since I simply don't have the time to do a proper job as Trivial
> > > maintainer, I'm stepping down. I should have done this earlier, but I
> > > kept hoping that I would find the time.
> >
> > How much are people used to submit trivial patches to [email protected]?
> > If noone else wants to take this over, and general feeling is that trivial
> > patch tree is still needed, I could eventually do that.
>
> I liked the ability to send trivial patchees without having to wait
> for merge window etc... so yes, continuing [email protected] would be nice.

I'll also volunteer if a trivial maintainer is still desired.

Harvey

2008-11-12 22:50:44

by Jesper Juhl

2008/10/30 Jiri Kosina <[email protected]>:
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2008, Jesper Juhl wrote:
>
>> This is to announce officially that I'm stepping down as Trivial tree
>> maintainer.
>> There are a few different reasons.
>
> First, congratulations to those 'personal reasons' :)

Thank you :)

> [ ... ]
>> So, since I simply don't have the time to do a proper job as Trivial
>> maintainer, I'm stepping down. I should have done this earlier, but I
>> kept hoping that I would find the time.
>
> How much are people used to submit trivial patches to [email protected]?
> I.e. what is the approximate volume of patches per major kernel release
> that usually goes through trivial tree?

It's about 10-20 emails a month which can end up between zero and
<number of emails> patches, depending on what people send.

> If noone else wants to take this over, and general feeling is that trivial
> patch tree is still needed, I could eventually do that.

I think it would be in good hands with you, so I'll happily hand it
over. If you submit a patch that changes the MAINTAINERS file to list
you as trivial maintainer instead of me, then I'll ACK it.

--
Jesper Juhl <[email protected]>