2008-07-10 09:02:42

by Nir Tzachar

Subject: Problems with resume from s2ram following hibernate

Hello.

I use a Thinkpad t43p as my laptop, and encountered an annoying
problem with suspend to ram following a hibernate cycle. In a few
words, to resume after a suspend I have to manually press the power
button -- resuming when opening the lid does not work.

The problem manifests only after I put the machine through a
successful hibernate cycle; if I start from a fresh boot and suspend
the machine by closing the lid, it comes back to life when I once
again open the lid. Repeating this suspend to ram cycle using lid acpi
events works flawlessly (that is, until I hibernate...)

I am currently using kernel 2.6.25 (with Gentoo patches), and have had
the problem ever since I managed to get suspend to disk working. One
issue which might be related is that I boot my kernel with
"acpi_serialize", as otherwise I get many acpi error messages.

My suspend script is simple, something along the lines of :
echo disk > /sys/power/state

I'd really like to solve this issue, and am willing to invest time
towards this. However, I have no idea where to begin. I'd appreciate
any pointers / advice.

Thanks.

p.s. Please cc me, I am not registered to the list.

2008-07-13 12:37:52

by Pavel Machek

Hi!

> I am currently using kernel 2.6.25 (with Gentoo patches), and have had
> the problem ever since I managed to get suspend to disk working. One
> issue which might be related is that I boot my kernel with
> "acpi_serialize", as otherwise I get many acpi error messages.

Try vanilla 2.6.26-rc... we can't debug vendor kernels here.

> I'd really like to solve this issue, and am willing to invest time
> towards this. However, I have no idea where to begin. I'd appreciate
> any pointers / advice.

by Nir Tzachar

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 4:32 PM, Pavel Machek <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> I am currently using kernel 2.6.25 (with Gentoo patches), and have had
>> the problem ever since I managed to get suspend to disk working. One
>> issue which might be related is that I boot my kernel with
>> "acpi_serialize", as otherwise I get many acpi error messages.
>
> Try vanilla 2.6.26-rc... we can't debug vendor kernels here.

Ok, will report any problems.

10x.