Subject: MediaTek for-next: Replace matthias.bgg tree with mediatek

Hello Stephen,

A while ago we migrated the MediaTek SoC trees from Matthias' GIT repo to the new
MediaTek collaborative one. I just noticed that the linux-next branch didn't get
replaced (we didn't tell you anything about it, so that's our bad!).

Can you please replace the tracked for-next branch?

..The old one, to remove, is:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/matthias.bgg/linux.git#for-next

..the new one, to add, is:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mediatek/linux.git#for-next

Thanks!
Angelo

2024-02-06 22:06:19

by Stephen Rothwell

Hi Angelo,

On Tue, 6 Feb 2024 11:08:25 +0100 AngeloGioacchino Del Regno <[email protected]> wrote:

> A while ago we migrated the MediaTek SoC trees from Matthias' GIT repo to the new
> MediaTek collaborative one. I just noticed that the linux-next branch didn't get
> replaced (we didn't tell you anything about it, so that's our bad!).
>
> Can you please replace the tracked for-next branch?
>
> ...The old one, to remove, is:
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/matthias.bgg/linux.git#for-next
>
> ...the new one, to add, is:
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mediatek/linux.git#for-next

Done.

I have only Matthias listed as a contact for that tree, should I add anyone
else?

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2024-02-07 16:08:40

by Matthias Brugger

Hi Stephen,

On 2/6/24 22:05, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Angelo,
>
> On Tue, 6 Feb 2024 11:08:25 +0100 AngeloGioacchino Del Regno <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> A while ago we migrated the MediaTek SoC trees from Matthias' GIT repo to the new
>> MediaTek collaborative one. I just noticed that the linux-next branch didn't get
>> replaced (we didn't tell you anything about it, so that's our bad!).
>>
>> Can you please replace the tracked for-next branch?
>>
>> ...The old one, to remove, is:
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/matthias.bgg/linux.git#for-next
>>
>> ...the new one, to add, is:
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mediatek/linux.git#for-next
>
> Done.
>
> I have only Matthias listed as a contact for that tree, should I add anyone
> else?

Please add Angelo to the contact list.

Thanks a lot,
Matthias

2024-02-07 20:02:55

by Stephen Rothwell

Hi Matthias,

On Wed, 7 Feb 2024 16:08:22 +0000 Matthias Brugger <[email protected]> wrote:

> Please add Angelo to the contact list.

Done

For Angelo's benefit:

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next. As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code. The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
* submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
Signed-off-by,
* posted to the relevant mailing list,
* reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
* successfully unit tested, and
* destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch). It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

Stephen Rothwell

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

Il 07/02/24 21:02, Stephen Rothwell ha scritto:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> On Wed, 7 Feb 2024 16:08:22 +0000 Matthias Brugger <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> Please add Angelo to the contact list.
>
> Done
>
> For Angelo's benefit:
>
> Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next. As
> you may know, this is not a judgement of your code. The purpose of
> linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
> conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.
>
> You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
> been:
> * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
> Signed-off-by,
> * posted to the relevant mailing list,
> * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
> * successfully unit tested, and
> * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.
>
> Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
> to fetch). It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

Thank you, Stephen!

Cheers,
Angelo