2002-11-30 09:52:45

by Gabor Z. Papp

Subject: hda: task_no_data_intr

What mean this message at boot time?

hda: task_no_data_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: task_no_data_intr: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }

2.4.20, Pentium 1, Intel HX chipset.

ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override
with idebus=xx
PIIX3: IDE controller at PCI slot 00:07.1
PIIX3: chipset revision 0
PIIX3: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
ide0: BM-DMA at 0xf000-0xf007, BIOS settings: hda:pio, hdb:pio
hda: QUANTUM FIREBALL ST4.3A, ATA DISK drive
ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6 on irq 14
hda: task_no_data_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: task_no_data_intr: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }
hda: 8418816 sectors (4310 MB) w/81KiB Cache, CHS=524/255/63

Tried with 3 different hard disks, and got the same message
every time. Seems like I'm also unable to make ext3 fs on
the disks.

2002-11-30 13:27:37

by John Bradford