2001-11-08 10:36:56

by Ian Molton

Subject: IDE byte counting

Is it possible to get a count of how much data has been read / written to
an IDE device?

I thought it'd be neat to modify one of the multitude of netload applaets
to do 'diskload', but Im not sure the kernel provides such data.

Thanks

2001-11-08 12:18:18

by Miquel van Smoorenburg

Subject: Re: IDE byte counting

In article <[email protected]>,
Ian Molton <[email protected]> wrote:
>Is it possible to get a count of how much data has been read / written to
>an IDE device?
>I thought it'd be neat to modify one of the multitude of netload applaets
>to do 'diskload', but Im not sure the kernel provides such data.

/proc/stat

Mike.
--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former" -- Albert Einstein.