2011-02-13 10:27:11

by Amirali Shambayati

Subject: Kernel debugging method

Hello all,

Can anybody show me a method for kernel debugging? I just want to
modify one file(Noop IO scheduler).

Thanks experts ;)

--
Amirali Shambayati
Bachelor Student

2011-02-14 06:14:35

by Mike Galbraith

Subject: Re: Kernel debugging method

On Sun, 2011-02-13 at 13:56 +0330, Amirali Shambayati wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Can anybody show me a method for kernel debugging? I just want to
> modify one file(Noop IO scheduler).

I recommend the most powerful, and easiest to use, kernel debugger known
to man: printk :)

-Mike

2011-02-15 12:03:29

by Peter Zijlstra

On Mon, 2011-02-14 at 07:14 +0100, Mike Galbraith wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-02-13 at 13:56 +0330, Amirali Shambayati wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Can anybody show me a method for kernel debugging? I just want to
> > modify one file(Noop IO scheduler).
>
> I recommend the most powerful, and easiest to use, kernel debugger known
> to man: printk :)

You've forgotten the most fundamental one, your brain! Use it, it might
surprise you ;-)