2010-11-01 10:01:33

by Ramya Desai

Subject: Where can I find -rc kernels?

Dear All,

Generally, I download the stable kernels from
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ However, I did not find a
link, like this, for -rc kernels. Please let me know, from where can I
download the -rc kernels. Please provide a link to me.

Thanks and Regards,
Ramya.

2010-11-01 10:17:28

by Justin P. Mattock

Subject: Re: Where can I find -rc kernels?

On 11/01/2010 03:01 AM, Ramya Desai wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Generally, I download the stable kernels from
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ However, I did not find a
> link, like this, for -rc kernels. Please let me know, from where can I
> download the -rc kernels. Please provide a link to me.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Ramya.

why not just do a git clone of linus's tree then do a git reset --hard
v2.6*(some rc version you need...)

this way you do not need to depend on kernel.org providing you the kernel...

(as for the site..no idea what happened there..)

Justin P. Mattock

2010-11-01 12:16:23

by Simon Horman

On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 03:31:30PM +0530, Ramya Desai wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Generally, I download the stable kernels from
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ However, I did not find a
> link, like this, for -rc kernels. Please let me know, from where can I
> download the -rc kernels. Please provide a link to me.

Is this what you are after?

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing/

2010-11-01 12:54:39

by Ramya Desai

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Simon Horman <[email protected]> wrote:

> Is this what you are after?
>
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing/

Simon,

I did not find the complete sources in that link. I need complete
sources by which I can build the kernel images. OR Is there any
procedure for merging these changes into any stable kernel version
(2.6.36) for making it 2.6.37-rc1.

Thanks and Regards,
Ramya.

2010-11-01 13:05:47

by trapDoor

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Ramya Desai <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Simon Horman <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> Is this what you are after?
>>
>> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing/
>
> Simon,
>
> I did not find the complete sources in that link. I need complete
> sources by which I can build the kernel images. OR Is there any
> procedure for merging these changes into any stable kernel version
> (2.6.36) for making it 2.6.37-rc1.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Ramya.

I guess It just hasn't been published there yet. Not present in git
tree either - I still have 2.6.36-09871-g3985c7c and 'git pull' says:
Already up-to-date.

Tomasz

2010-11-01 13:12:03

by trapDoor

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 1:05 PM, trapDoor <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Ramya Desai <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Simon Horman <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Is this what you are after?
>>>
>>> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing/
>>
>> Simon,
>>
>> I did not find the complete sources in that link. I need complete
>> sources by which I can build the kernel images. OR Is there any
>> procedure for merging these changes into any stable kernel version
>> (2.6.36) for making it 2.6.37-rc1.
>>
>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Ramya.
>
> I guess It just hasn't been published there yet. Not present in git
> tree either - I still have 2.6.36-09871-g3985c7c and 'git pull' says:
> Already up-to-date.

It's out now at http://www.kernel.org/
But still can't pull it from git.

Tomasz

2010-11-01 13:58:09

by Ryusuke Konishi

On Mon, 1 Nov 2010 13:11:58 +0000, trapDoor <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 1:05 PM, trapDoor <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> Simon,
> >>
> >> I did not find the complete sources in that link. I need complete
> >> sources by which I can build the kernel images. OR Is there any
> >> procedure for merging these changes into any stable kernel version
> >> (2.6.36) for making it 2.6.37-rc1.
> >>
> >> Thanks and Regards,
> >> Ramya.
> >
> > I guess It just hasn't been published there yet. Not present in git
> > tree either - I still have 2.6.36-09871-g3985c7c and 'git pull' says:
> > Already up-to-date.
> >

> It's out now at http://www.kernel.org/
> But still can't pull it from git.
>

> --
> Thanks,
> Tomasz

v2.6.37-rc1 is in the git tree.

It looks like only master branch hasn't been updated yet.

Ryusuke Konishi

2010-11-01 14:27:24

by Ramya Desai

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 7:27 PM, Ryusuke Konishi
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> > I guess It just hasn't been published there yet. Not present in git
>> > tree either - I still have 2.6.36-09871-g3985c7c and 'git pull' says:
>> > Already up-to-date.
>> >
>> It's out now at http://www.kernel.org/
>> But still can't pull it from git.
>> Thanks,
>> Tomasz
>
> v2.6.37-rc1 is in the git tree.
>
> It looks like only master branch hasn't been updated yet.
>
> Ryusuke Konishi

Dear All,

Thanks to every one.

The kernel version 2.6.37-rc1 is NOW available at
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing/. I guess, it is
updated recently. Anyhow, thanks to all.

Thanks and Regards,
Ramya.