2022-05-04 07:12:58

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the stm32 tree

Hi all,

Commit

ee5596ec15d8 ("dt-bindings: rcc: Add optional external ethernet RX clock properties")

is missing a Signed-off-by from its committer.

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2022-05-04 07:51:40

by Stephen Rothwell

Hi Alexandre,

On Wed, 4 May 2022 07:28:53 +0000 Alexandre TORGUE <[email protected]> wrote:

> Actually this patch has been already merged in Rob tree. I just
> cherry-pick it in my tree to avoid a merge conflict later for other
> maintainers. So I didn't add my "Signed-off-by".

You should add a SOB for every patch you add to your published tree.
That includes cherry-picked commits from other trees.

By the way, most maintainers (and Linus and I) are pretty adept at
sorting out merge conflicts (unless they are really complex, or course,
in which case you should probably have created a branch in one fo the
trees containing the conflicting commits from that tree and then merge
that branch into the both trees - and, of course, noted what is
happening in the merge commits).
Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2022-05-04 15:15:59

by Alexandre Torgue

Hi Stephen,

ST Restricted

Cheers
Alex

> --
> Cheers,
> Stephen Rothwell

2022-05-04 17:02:58

by Alexandre Torgue

Stephen

ST Restricted

Ok I add it now and update the stm32-next branch.

> By the way, most maintainers (and Linus and I) are pretty adept at
> sorting out merge conflicts (unless they are really complex, or
> course, in which case you should probably have created a branch in one
> fo the trees containing the conflicting commits from that tree and
> then merge that branch into the both trees - and, of course, noted what is happening in the merge commits).
> --

I have no doubt that you could have fixed it ????. It was also easier for me to add my changes on top of it.

Cheers
Alex